Website YMCA of Greater New York
Salary: $67,000.00 – $70,000.00 Annually
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Park Slope Armory YMCA is seeking a Director for Youth and Family is responsible for the oversight of Prospect Park YMCA youth, family, teen and sports programming. This role involves managing off-site programs Y Afterschool at PS 676, PS 124, and PS 200, and providing leadership for an array of program initiatives from family gym time, after school program to summer day camp, and Arts and Culture programming
- Oversight of all Youth, Teen and Family Programs.
- Manage program sites and ensure that program goals and outcomes are met in compliance with government contracts.
- Manage and train staff who implements all Association and program policies for safety and quality.
- Serve as a liaison with school and community partners.
- Build strong program content in education, physical fitness and cultural awareness through all program areas.
- Oversee all reporting to the Association Office, funders and government contracts.
- Develop community partnerships that result in strong program content.
- Meet budget goals and operating net for all departments.
- Effectively market programs in the community to achieve enrollment targets with a focus on SACC and summer camp.
- Work with the Board of Managers
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members
- Maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or equivalent experience required. Master’s degree in Education or Social Work preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of leadership experience running youth and family programs.
- Strong knowledge of youth development principles, child abuse prevention and program planning and evaluation.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Must be available day times, weekends and evenings.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
YMCA OF GREATER NEW YORK | Where there’s a Y, there’s a way.
To apply for this job please visit ymcanyc.csod.com.