Website YMCA of Greater New York
Salary: $19.00 – $23.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Castle Hill YMCA is seeking a qualified individual who will play a critical role in the successful operation of the Youth & Family Department. The Program Assistant will be responsible for providing a safe and positive environment for Youth & Family staff, to provide opportunities for learning, interaction, and academic/ personal growth. Additionally, the Program Assistant will manage and supervise the daily office operations as well as provide support to all Castle Hill Y Youth & Family department programs including but not limited to Y Afterschool, Teen Programs, Youth Sports and Summer Day Camp.
- Provide administrative and supervisory support to all Youth & Family department programs and off sites, as needed.
- Compile and process Department of Youth & Community Development and YMCA of Greater New York reports.
- Input program attendance and data into DYCD online system and YMCA operating system.
- Perform other administrative tasks such as filing, answering phones, calling parents/members, completing inventory, creating flyers and signs, as needed.
- Attend staff orientation meetings and YMCA trainings such as: Child Abuse, New Staff Orientation, Boundaries and Ethics trainings.
Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings and program events.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Two (2) years of college preferred.
- Prior work experience is helpful, but not required.
- Excellent hospitality and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership qualities highly desired.
- Must be comfortable working with a diverse population.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe PageMaker and Photoshop.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application, and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
YMCA OF GREATER NEW YORK | Where there’s a Y, there’s a way.
To apply for this job please visit ymcanyc.csod.com.