Location: Los Angeles, CA or Pittsburgh, PA (Hybrid)
Reports to: Executive Director
Start: Summer, 2023
Compensation: $65,000 – $80,000
WORK accompanies families out of poverty through good, dignified jobs. We work primarily in landfill communities with informal collectors to improve the dignity and value of human-powered supply chains at the first mile. Our goal is simple, to ensure two heads of household are in living income jobs so that each family can pull themselves out of poverty forever.
WORK is seeking a Manager, Advisory Practice that will be responsible for executing consulting projects with our clients to guide them to responsible supply chains. The Manager, Advisory Practice can expect to lead projects in a cross-functional setting that will enable our organization to successfully help our clients improve the lives and livelihoods of waste collectors, increase collection yields, and make supply chains supported by WORK more investable. This team member will report to our Executive Director.
Our culture is collaborative, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced. We maximize resources to provide the most effective services for the families we serve. We’re looking for like-minded individuals who will work relentlessly to accompany our families to independence. The new team member must be an adaptable, positive, and collaborative team player.
- Project management: co-design and facilitate the consultancy lifecycle, specific to the needs and desired outcomes of the client.
Manage each project forward according to client timelines, anticipating needs and being flexible as projects evolve
Deliver on project outcomes showcasing established expertise in human powered raw material supply chains
- Trace supply chains with a lens for human rights and responsibility in plastic waste material.
- Provide a thorough assessment of a client’s supply chain as it relates to the recycling of plastic waste and respects human rights to workers.
- Develop recommendations for clients to improve its supply chain based on benchmark, global, or government standards.
- Recommend change management practices to support clients to achieve stated outcomes, and to create programming, services, and other interventions that support informal waste collectors worldwide.
- Work with the Executive Director to pilot and implement developed recommendations to the client.
- Provide training to clients to maintain recommendations after consultant/client training has concluded.
Represent WORK’s expertise and values externally in all settings
Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Experience of customer-centric project management practices.
- Knowledge of human rights, responsibility in plastic waste material supply chains and change management.
- Commitment to the value and dignity of all workers, with an asset-based approach.
- Adaptable – You thrive in a fast-paced work environment and can adapt to changes.
- Executes to Results – Setting and hitting goals is important to you. You maintain a high standard and work hard to get results.
- Curious and Entrepreneurial – You do well in having the ability to find your way to creative solutions that reach the desired outcomes.
- Team Player – Working in a team setting that makes you feel like you’re playing for the Chicago Bulls circa 1990’s gives you goosebumps.
- Technical Experience – We operate on Google Drive and Suite, Asana, and Slack. You’re familiar with these platforms or you can get up to speed by watching online tutorials.
- Effective Communicator – You’re an active listener and an effective communicator, both internally with our team and externally with clients.
- Education and Experience – You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field or related, equivalent work experience in relevant fields.
- Travel and Flexible Schedule – Regular travel internationally and to various US-cities along with working some evenings and weekends will be required.
WORK operates in a hybrid work environment, at a minimum of 40% in office and 60% remote. Candidates should be able to participate in-office from either our Los Angeles or Pittsburgh office locations.
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive annual salary; 2% employer contribution to retirement plan; employer-paid health-care, dental, and vision insurance coverage; and partial cell-phone coverage. We also provide a generous paid-time off policy that includes year-end organization-wide vacation.
To apply: Submit your resume and cover letter in a single PDF file to email@example.com with the subject line “Manager, Advisory Practice: <Your Full Name>”.
WORK is committed to an inclusive and supportive work culture and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org