Website Wilderness Leadership & Learning, Inc.
Wilderness Leadership & Learning, Inc. (WILL) is a transformative, holistic12-month experiential learning, youth leadership and life skills development program for District of Columbia youth from underserved/under-resourced neighborhoods. In 2003, WILL founder and President, Steve Abraham, inspired by his 2001 National Outdoor Leadership School program experience, left his law practice to establish a program to enhance the educational, leadership and life skills of DC high school youth. 2022-2023 is WILL’s 19th year providing quality positive youth development programming for District youth. WILL’s mission is to provide diverse growth experiences and challenging learning opportunities to inspire and assist youth to make good decisions, become effective leaders, and achieve their goals.
By joining our family/team, as evidenced by WILL’s inclusion in the 2021-2022 print Catalogue for Philanthropy and having been in the Catalogue since 2012, you will be joining an organization considered one of the best community-based nonprofits in the Washington, DC.
The WILL Development and Communications Coordinator will assist with and play an important role in the optimal operation of WILL fundraising and communications. Projects include research of potential funding opportunities, grant drafting, donation entry, reporting, and acknowledgement, grant follow up, website content management, drafting newsletters, managing social media accounts, providing support for the Annual Appeal (print + digital), and playing a pivotal role in event planning and execution of fundraising events during the year.
The WILL Development and Communications Coordinator will work under the direction and supervision of WILL’s President, who will provide guidance on the scope of assignments and assistance as needed and/or requested.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Research potential funding opportunities (foundation, corporate and individual)
- Maintain accurate database and digital files of donors and prospects
- Maintain accurate donation entry and revenue tracking to ensure correct and thorough documentation of all development activities
- Ensure accuracy of all records and reports in WILL’s donor database
- Maintain an accurate grant calendar and keep WILL’s President informed of upcoming due dates
- Assist with grant drafting, assembly, and submission
- Draft and send thank you communication to donors
- Draft and send IRS receipts to donors
- Assist with grant management and reporting
- Assist with donor cultivation and stewardship
- Assist with WILL fundraising activities, including, without limitation, WILL Power Party, GivingTuesday, Annual Appeal, and Combined Federal Campaign
- Prepare accurate and thorough monthly development reports
- Draft social media posts
- Draft newsletters and announcements
- Draft Annual Report
- Assist with website content and updates
- Assist effective implementation of WILL’s communications strategy
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 2+ years of directly related professional work experience, with a strong preference for some grant writing and foundation fundraising experience
- Experience with a CRM/donor database system
- Experience with foundation, corporate, and individual donor/prospect research.
- Experience with various social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and TikTok
- Experience with graphic design
- Follow verbal and written requests and directions.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Proficient Microsoft Word, Publisher, and Excel skills
- Work cooperatively as a member of a team
- Detail-oriented, organized, and deadline-driven
- Ability to manage multiple projects with overlapping deadlines.
- Strong research skills
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn WILL’s “voice” while also adjusting writing style based on project and audience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Expresses opinions confidently and with respect for others, and exercises discretion with personal or sensitive information
- Commitment to WILL’s mission, vision, and values
This is a full-time 40-hour per week position; the work hours will generally be:
- Monday – Friday, 9 am to 6 pm
Salary and Benefits
- FY23 Salary Range $27.64 – $32.45 per hour (commensurate with experience) (equates to a range of $57,500 – $67,500/year)
- Health insurance (medical); retirement benefits
- Generous Paid Time-Off (vacation, personal days, and holiday schedule)
- Opportunity for career growth and advancement
As a condition of employment, all persons offered employment with WILL must pass a background check, and must be fully up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations. As defined by the CDC, one is up to date with one’s COVID-19 vaccines when you have received all doses in the primary series and booster(s) when eligible. Proof of such vaccination must be provided to WILL as a condition of employment with WILL.
Please send current resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Steve Abraham at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open until filled; if interested, apply now – do not miss the opportunity to join this dynamic youth serving community-based nonprofit.
Wilderness Leadership & Learning, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com