Website Water For People
Water For People is a global nonprofit working across nine countries, bringing together communities, local entrepreneurs, and governments to build and maintain water and sanitation services that will last. We have a sustainable solution to end the global water and sanitation crisis, and our employees across the world help drive this solution.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Based on the Communications Team within the organization’s Global team, this role is an active collaborator focused on writing creative content for various audiences, including the needs of country programs. In close partnership with the Communications team and the country program teams, you will create written materials (emails, website pages, fundraising appeals, newsletters, blogs, press releases, stories, etc.) that articulate Water For People’s global impact while informing, inspiring, and activating audiences.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
• Write, update, and edit content for digital and print channels.
• Create compelling storylines and narratives for pitches, country programs, and other organizational materials
• Produce internal communications, program executive summaries, and in-country communication strategies. Collaborate closely with other sub-teams to support strategic writing and consistent voices
• Collaborate with the Communications team to develop and execute digital and social media content strategies.
• Manage the organic social media calendar and post/traffic messages through multiple simultaneous networks, maintaining a high quality of postings along with high post frequency to optimize engagement of various social media audiences (includes Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram)
• Adhere to and champion consistent organizational style and voice
• Proofread materials for grammatical or spelling errors, edit for consistency
• Support the ongoing development and refresh of story database
YOU WILL EXCEL IN THIS ROLE IF YOU HAVE
• 3 years of experience in marketing, communications, or related field
• Excellent skills in storytelling, copywriting, and fundraising writing styles
• Ability to translate unedited or technical content into engaging, compelling pieces segmented for appropriate audiences
• Experience in copywriting for social media platforms
• Flexibility: The pace of our work is fast and plans often shift, so the ability to flex into whatever the need becomes is vital.
• Quick learner who enjoys staying up to date on digital marketing, social media, technology, current events at the global level, and other communications trends
• The desire and curiosity to dig into an idea or conversation to find more details, nuances and stories
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
• Familiarity with SEO and best practices for website writing
• Oral and written Spanish proficiency
Don’t meet every single requirement but you are excited about this role? Water For People is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so we encourage to apply even if your past experience does not align perfectly with every qualification listed above.
MORE ABOUT THIS ROLE
• This position has the option to work from an office or remotely in one of the countries where Water For People is present. Water For People will seek candidates from these countries and any state in the US except for: NY, NJ, WA, VT, and CA
• Candidates must be a citizen or legally authorized to work in the country they live in
• Occasional work outside regular business hours to meet with team members located in other time zones.
• Open work environment if choosing to work from the Denver, Colorado Office
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
HOW YOU WILL APPLY:
If Water For People and this position interest you, please visit our Career Center and apply with your resume and cover letter to this position
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage healthy living for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind, and social well-being. To that end, we provide a global Telehealth benefit and a fitness perk to address your holistic health. Healthy living also includes paid time off and a generous retirement savings plan. If the position is based outside the US, benefits will be dictated by the country in which the selected candidate is located.
Water For People cannot provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Water For People is committed to protecting children encountered during our work and by our employees, preventing sexual abuse and exploitation of all individuals with a particular focus on women and children and other marginalized communities in the performance of our work, preventing human trafficking in the performance of our work and in our supply chain and to having a drug-free workplace. During the recruitment processes, additional documentation will be requested to comply with our policies and in accordance with the legal requirements in your country of residency, this includes a background check. If you apply for employment, we want you to be aware of our recruitment, selection and hiring processes including important policies regarding employee conduct.
Water For People is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to creating a culture of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace. For this position we strongly encourage women and people with disabilities to apply. Water for people strives to create and maintain a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of race, ethnicity, ancestry, tribal affiliation, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, veteran status, disability, socioeconomic class, educational attainment, or other social identities is critical to our ability to have a world where every person has access to reliable and safe water and sanitation services.
Our commitment ensures that we:
● Have a different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges
● Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating each other with dignity, respect, and appreciation enabling us to feel welcome, supported, and valued
● Effectively connect, communicate, and build long-lasting relationships with stakeholders within our diverse communities
● Have diversity of thought, perspectives, backgrounds, identities, and talents that will support our mission to develop high-quality drinking water and sanitation services are available to Everyone Forever
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.