Website Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado
The Community Programs Coordinator is a full-time, non-exempt permanent position that reports to the Community Programs Manager and is responsible for coordinating and delivering VOC’s strategic engagement
programs designed to broaden the variety of people involved in outdoor stewardship. This includes planning, implementing, and evaluating existing programing, such as the Healthy Community Program (HCPs), Affinity
Partnership Program (APPs), Cairn Program, Grossman Program, youth and family programming, OSI trainings, Team Stewardship Days (TSDs), and various public volunteer projects. A large portion of this role includes field-based work, especially with diverse audiences, that requires project management and planning skills and the ability to lead outdoor stewardship projects.
Education and Previous Experience
– Requires Bachelor’s degree in a related field or at least 2 years of applicable experience
– Requires previous outdoor leadership experience, preferably with youth
– Requires valid Wilderness First Aid, including CPR certification, or ability to complete certifications within the first 3 months of starting the position
– Prefer experience recruiting, coordinating and managing volunteers, youth corps or staff positions and/or working with the public in a nonprofit and/or government environment
– Prefer previous volunteer or staff experience with trail work, ecological restoration or other outdoor stewardship projects
– Bilingual (English and Spanish) applicants preferred.
Required Skills, Qualities and Abilities
– Willingness and ability to work weekends and evenings based on project and meeting requirements
– Ability to travel extensively in Colorado and work in a variety of outdoor environments and weather
– Excellent people skills, customer service orientation, and public speaking skills
– Outstanding time management and organizational skills
– Ability to self-initiate and self-direct workflow
– Team player with initiative, determination, flexibility, and a sense of humor
– Computer literate including email and Microsoft Office Suite, data entry, and internet use
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Valid driver’s license and excellent motor vehicle record required
– Criminal background check is required for this position.
VOC Programs Coordinators must have access to the following equipment for use on projects (VOC can provide access through
a gear library for a few of the items):
– Sturdy hiking boots or work boots
– Rain gear and warm outdoor layers
– Sleeping bag/sleeping pad
– Comfort camping and working in front country settings, inclement weather and high altitude
– Comfort working with basic hand and power tools in support of trail or restoration work
– Strong hiking ability with capacity to travel long distances with tools and full pack at high altitude and over un-even terrain
– Ability to lift 75 lbs
Job duties also include a general office environment, spent sitting and operating a computer and other office machinery. Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.
Must possess a valid driver’s license
and be able to drive vehicles around the state. Applicants will be required to pass a national background check.
Email a cover letter, resume, and compensation requirements (within the range stated below) to email@example.com, as a single PDF, and include “Community Programs Coordinator” in the subject line. Please include where you heard about the position in your cover letter.
Full Job Description:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org