Job Title: Site Coordinator
Reports to: Streetworker Manager
Category: Lawrence & Haverhill Youth Centers
Background on UTEC, INC.:
UTEC’s promise is to ignite and nurture the ambition of our most disengaged youth to trade violence and poverty for social and economic success. UTEC’s outcomes-focused model begins with intensive street outreach, reaching proven high-risk youth where they’re at. UTEC engages youth in workforce development and educational programs and provides mental health services and intensive case management. Social justice and civic engagement are embedded in all programming. For more info, please visit www.utecinc.org.
UTEC is committed to its vision for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion which pledges to honor the lived experiences and expertise of individuals; create community and celebration of cultures; challenge all forms of oppression; and embody a culture that leans into discomfort and recognizes it as a growth opportunity. UTEC is dedicated to fair and equitable compensation practice, the health, mental health, and overall well-being of young adults and staff and to creating an environment that supports work-life balance and the individual and professional growth of all.
UTEC’s Site Coordinator is an integral part of expanding services and support to young people in our Lawrence center. The Site Coordinator will provide coverage for the center to remain open to emerging young adults and their families as needed. They will ensure the center is clean, organized and provide a safe and supportive environment for emerging young adults. The Site Coordinator will play a key role in coordinating community partners to use the center space, and aid in the setup of any events taking place at the center and in the community.
- Work collaboratively with the Streetwork team of the particular city to create a calendar of events or community happenings
- Collaborate with community partners to ensure use of space is aligned to UTEC values and mission
- Oversee the scheduling and planning of events at the center or at a UTEC sponsored event in the communityManage the permit process as needed for events in Lawrence or Haverhill
- Oversee and delegate tasks to any assistants or interns
- Ensure center space is stocked with necessary supplies, technology and tools
- Track data relevant to:Number of emerging young adults utilizing the space and what services they are utilizing
- Number of community partners utilizing the space
- Organize and maintain records as needed connected to programs, curriculum, and community events
- Communicate with all necessary staff when an event is occurring
- Coordinate enrichment opportunities by reaching out to community partners for emerging young adults at the center including but not limited to dance classes, art classes, open studio, etc.
- Facilitate group activities for emerging young adults as needed (circles, support groups, discussions, etc.)
- Provide crisis intervention and conflict resolution (between both gang and non-gang involved emerging young adults)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of logistics and operations related to managing a space.
- Ability to foster relationships with individuals both internal and external to the organization, especially with emerging young adults.
- An interest and ability in performing creative tasks, such as making graphics or flyers for events, promoting events, or working with partners to plan events and activities.
- Proficient in Google/Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and complete projects by deadlines
- Proven project manager with an attention to detail, which can be applied to responsibilities such as tracking data or budgets related to events
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Knowledge of diversity, equity and inclusion frameworks and/or practices
- Knowledge of enrichment activities and youth-initiated programs is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with trauma informed and asset-based approaches to learning and support is preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Lived experience preferred and honored
- GED or High School diploma required
- Youth work experience is highly preferred, such as experience working with proven-risk emerging young adults, justice-involved young adults, youth development experience, outreach and home visit experience, etc.
- Experience with event planning and promotion, formally or informally, is highly preferred
- Experience working with external stakeholders, such as community partners, is highly preferred
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
- Must have a valid, unencumbered MA driver’s license and a good driving record with no moving violations in the last 3 years. A driving record will be verified
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
Salary range is $50k-$55k, commensurate with experience. Benefits include retirement 401K plan, health and dental (50-85% subsidized), 3 weeks paid vacation, holiday and paid sick/personal time, the opportunity for a paid sabbatical after 3 years, first-time homebuyers funding, and free counseling for all staff. Please see www.utecinc.org/jobs for more details.
To apply for this job please visit utecinc.applytojob.com.