Full-time union position that assists the editorial operations of The Progressive, a national political magazine. This position works as a member of an existing editorial staff team and is supervised by the Publisher. Starting salary is $40,000.
Help to ensure The Progressive is part of the national conversation on current events by writing, editing, and working with other editors to assign pieces for the magazine and website.
- Work directly with outside writers in writing, rewriting, editing, and copyediting material;
- Propose possible article ideas and authors;
- Read and review submissions for possible publication;
- Conduct research and fact-checking as needed;
- Report and write articles and general editorial copy for The Progressive and progressive.org;
- Work with web editor in managing website;
- Work with digital engagement coordinator on social media presence;
- Coordinate with editorial interns on tasks involving writing and editing;
- Monitor and keep in touch with activist events and organizations around the country.
- Twelve paid holidays, along with three floating holidays.
- Four personal days and twelve sick days per year.
- The Progressive pays the entire premium for individual coverage of all full-time unit members who elect such coverage, and will cover 100% of the cost of the premium for family coverage if applicable.
5% contribution towards a 401K retirement plan.
- The Progressive provides life insurance coverage during the term of employment.
- The Progressive provides long-term disability insurance after the employee’s probationary period.
Work may be performed remotely or at our office in Madison, Wisconsin.
Journalism or related degree or relevant experience.
Submit cover letter, resume, writing samples, and three references to: email@example.com to arrive by Friday, August 31, 2023 at 5 pm CST in order to assure consideration. Resumes will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. The Progressive Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org