Website The Museum of Tolerance (MOT)
MOT is the educational arm of the Simon Wiesenthal Center
The Museum of Tolerance fulfills the mission of the Simon Wiesenthal Center through education and outreach, providing educational experiences within the Museum and beyond.
The full-time Project Assistant will lead tours in the MOT permanent exhibits and also assist in the planning, development, implementation, and follow-up activities for MOT Youth Education programs.
Reporting Relationship: The Senior Manager of Museum Education.
ESSENTAIL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Lead tours in the MOT permanent exhibits and special exhibitions
· Facilitate activities in the Youth Action Lab, including greeting visitors, introducing speakers, explaining artifacts, maintaining multimedia presentations and exhibits
· Work with Holocaust Survivor speakers, including scheduling, introductions and communication
· Assist with administration, coordination and implementation of specialized museum youth and teen programs including but not limited to; Steps to ToleranceTM program for 5th and 6th grade students, Tools for Tolerance® for Teens
· Assist with specialized museum programs for Educators and other professionals taking place in the Youth Action Lab
· Coordinate Family Sunday programs
· Work with MOT Management and education team as needed
YOU WILL BE A GREAT FIT FOR US IF YOU HAVE:
· Excellent presentation skills
· Excellent communication and writing skills
· Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
· Experience in creative arts-based projects
· Experience working with youth as a teacher, counselor or mentor
· Expertise in the use of computer technology: MS Office Suite, power point, multimedia presentations, etc.
· Ability to multitask, highly organized and efficient
· High motivation, creativity, and innovation
· Experience in planning and implementing events and programs
35-40 hours/week; Sunday – Thursday, (occasional evenings and Fridays)
$18 per hour; generous benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance. Equal Opportunity Employer
Research shows that women and individuals from underrepresented backgrounds often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that an applicant meets 100% of the qualifications for a given role. Therefore, if much of this job description describes you, then you are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply: Please email cover letter and resumé to email@example.com with the subject line “Project Assistant – Youth Education”. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org