Website Summit County Safe Passages
Making Summit County roads safer for wildlife and people.
About Summit County Safe Passages
Summit County Safe Passages (SCSP) is a diverse partnership that emerged from a county-wide wildlife connectivity assessment initiated by the Dillon Ranger District of the White River National Forest in 2015. Federal and state agencies, local governments, non-profits, community groups, landowners and other interested parties engaged in the year-long planning process and continue to participate in the SCSP partnership. We are currently working to fund the I-70 East Vail Pass Wildlife Crossings Project which will install three wildlife crossings, and wildlife exclusion fencing on I-70 between Vail Pass and Copper Mountain, to restore landscape connectivity along the spine of the Southern Rocky Mountains in central Colorado. Currently, SCSP maintains no paid staff, relying solely on its volunteers and partner organizations contributing their time, skills, and technical assistance.
SCSP is looking to contract with a part-time Digital Communications Specialist to help with our social media, monthly newsletter and occasional press releases and other media outreach.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing content for 3 to 4 posts per week on Facebook and Instagram, including a mixture of SCSP news and reposts of related news
- Graphic design for social media posts following SCSP’s style guide
- Developing content and formatting monthly newsletter sent to subscribers to highlight SCSP’s accomplishments
- Create occasional press releases and other earned media content, as needed, to promote SCSP’s work
- Assist with website updates as needed
- Attend quarterly Board and Advisory Committee meetings (via zoom) to stay informed about SCSP activities and gather information for communications
- Experience with social media creation and best practices for engagement
- Basic graphic design skills for social media and newsletter
- Experience with newsletter content creation
- Ability to use or learn Constant Contact database for email distribution
- Schedule that allows for occasional daytime meeting attendance and response to social media comments
- Experience working with groups/coalitions to develop communications content
- Experience with website development and maintenance is a bonus
- Colorado, especially Summit County, residency is a plus
The Digital Communications Specialist is a contract position with SCSP’s fiscal sponsor, Rocky Mountain Wild. This is a remote position, although a connection to Summit County is preferred, and will require 8 hours per week.
The Digital Communications Specialist will be paid $25/hour with no additional benefits. This position will work closely with SCSP’s Education and Outreach Committee, a subset of the Board and Advisory Committee.
To apply for this job please visit rockymountainwild.org.