Website Step Up Tutoring
Step Up Tutoring is seeking a highly motivated Marketing Manager to help drive volunteer and donation growth for the 2022-2023 school year. Step Up Tutoring is a fast growing start-up with big goals. For the 2022-2023 school year, Step Up is aiming to recruit 5,000 tutors from 12,000 applications, which will enable us to support over 7,000 students from under-resourced communities.
Marketing is a crucial function in driving awareness, recruiting tutors and students and growing donations and grants for the Step Up Tutoring program. This team is responsible for owning branding, content, communications and storytelling. The main role of marketing is to tell the story of Step Up Tutoring and motivate our target audiences (volunteers, schools, donors, corporate partners) to support our mission of providing free 1:1 online tutoring to students in under-resourced communities. Marketing will communicate through several owned and paid channels including; email, social media, digital advertising, events and PR.
Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer and support of the Director of Community Outreach and the Development Manager, the Marketing Manager is responsible for overseeing marketing plans from concept through development and execution.
- Build and activate go-to-market strategies for programs and high priority organization initiatives
- Support cross-functional efforts to drive successful program and campaign launches
- Develop campaign content, communications, including narratives, messaging, press releases, 1-sheeters, visuals, presentation, and videos
- Support the grant writing process with Step Up branding including background information and storytelling
- Develop messaging and content for all channels
- Grow and manage Step Up Tutoring’s online footprint including maximizing Step Up’s Google grant
- Build community through engagement opportunities to highlight and present Step Up’s expertise
- Own the audience journey and communications ecosystem
- Increase lead generation for applications and fundraising
- Track, analyze, and report results from the program
- Manage time and budget and deliver on time
- Manage a team of Marketing Interns in growth, digital, creative and partnerships
- Passion for the Step Up Tutoring mission
- 3 – 5+ years of relevant work experience in a related field such as marketing, advertising, communications
- Experience managing and driving projects across multiple teams and products/programs
- Experience at a start-up preferred
- Ability to quickly develop subject matter expertise.
- Ability to work independently to deliver successful outcomes.
- Advanced PowerPoint and slide creation.
- Process design and management.
- Branding, Creative/Design, PR-related skill, and experience at a start-up are a plus.
- Strong writing skills and grammar
- Detail-oriented, Creative, Growth Mindset
- Foster effective working relationships: Demonstrate an inclusive work style (both up and down) and work as part of a team at all levels within the organization.
- Professional demeanor
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.