Website solarcookersint Solar Cookers International
Using the Sun to Benefit People and the Environment
ABOUT SOLAR COOKERS INTERNATIONAL
Solar Cookers International (SCI) improves human health, economic well-being, women’s empowerment, and the environment by promoting climate-friendly solar cooking for vulnerable populations worldwide. SCI leads through advocacy, research, and strengthening the capacity of the global solar cooking movement.
Solar Cookers International is seeking an employee to perform a full range of administrative and programmatic support duties for staff, fund development, and the board of directors; plus, customer service; communications; and general office support duties. The employee will complete a variety of clerical, communications, database, and data entry tasks. Receives direct supervision from the Executive Director. Manager and director-level staff can also provide direction on occasion.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES – the duties described below are provided as examples and are not to be considered exclusive or all-inclusive:
- Serve as primary, front-line contact for the organization; handle inquiries from the public via phone (routed through Zoom phone), email, and in-person visitors, answer questions and provide information regarding activities and goals and/or direct them to the appropriate staff member(s) as needed.
- Resolve issues with vendors and agencies as needed.
- Process, store, staff and/or donor-related shipments as needed.
- Serve as constituent record management (CRM) database lead by inputting income (donations, membership fees, store orders, etc.), processing and mailing thank you and renewal letters and completing related CRM tasks. SCI’s CRM database will transition from Salsa to EveryAction in July, 2023. This position will play a key role in that process.
- Monitor online sources of donations; enter and process donations.
- Receive, process, and mail sales orders including solar cookers.
- Prepare and maintain data and paper records; enter and retrieve data; produce various documents, summaries, and reports utilizing standard and advanced equipment and computer functions and programs, developing formats, and manipulating data to achieve desired results.
- Provide basic computer equipment troubleshooting; liaison with the Information Technology and CRM contractors to submit requests or resolve issues.
- Reconcile differences between CRM and QuickBooks with the bookkeeper.
- Maintain files and file copies of letters, memoranda, reports, and other materials. Update procedures for routine tasks, including mail and data entry.
- Produce and refine SCI’s mailing lists for print publications.
Administer Office 365 enterprise suite, including SharePoint file management system.
- Oversee scheduling, recruitment, training, and stewardship of volunteers.
- Maintain credit card PCI compliance and update data security protocol.
Maintain inventory and stock of supplies; order office supplies; coordinate repair of office equipment. Ensure that labor posters are current and appropriately posted.
- Check, read, prioritize, and screen mail; route and/or deliver mail and other material to staff for handling; attach backup materials; initiate responses to routine correspondence and mail receipts.
- Manage renewal of SCI paperwork, such as with the Secretary of State.
- Manage SCI’s membership program, the Solar Cookers International Association including renewals, new member processing, membership lists, and program information.
- Facilitate analysis of SCI’s office space and explore options. Enact actions to consolidate SCI’s office space. Support obtaining subletters in SCI’s office space and/or relocating based on the outcomes of the space analysis and comparisons.
- Other duties as assigned/opportunities as they arise.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Clerical and office methods, procedures, techniques, and best practices including customer service, manual and automated filing systems, information storage and retrieval systems, business correspondence, report writing, and correct English usage; standard operating policies, procedures, and administrative structure.
- Constituent record management databases for donor management.
- Principles and procedures of record-keeping and file management.
- Written and oral communication techniques and methodologies.
ESSENTIAL ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Prioritize, plan, schedule, and coordinate work processes necessary to carry out responsibilities.
- Utilize personal computers and computer software to perform word processing, spreadsheet, database, website development, email marketing, and other specialized functions.
- Maintain confidential data and information.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Report on work progress and outcomes to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from external stakeholders and members of the public.
- Work to a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Perform routine mathematical calculations.
- Compile, prepare, and maintain accurate records, files, and reports.
- Meet deadlines and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; prepare and deliver effective oral presentations; interpret and package data clearly and persuasively.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships; motivate members, donors, board members, and staff; recruit volunteers.
- Coordinate with staff members in remote locations; understand and work with culturally diverse people.
- Provide excellent customer service.
Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities would be:
Required: One year of experience in detail-oriented, customer service roles.
Preferred: An Associate degree, with coursework in business administration, marketing, environmental studies, communications, international development, international relations, and/or a related field. Some experience with databases, document storage, and data entry, ideally including a CRM database.
SCI offers room for growth, professional development, and a supportive and competent team in addition to a flexible and dynamic work environment. Some of the responsibilities of this position can be done remotely. Some need to be done in the office on-site, in a very time-specific manner (such as checking the mail and printing and mailing thank-you notes). Generally, this position offers the flexibility to work remotely in the mornings and is expected to work in the office every afternoon or every other afternoon based on organizational need.
SCI is committed to building a more just and equitable world, one where all voices are heard and respected regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or physical ability. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other historically marginalized communities.
This is a full-time hourly position, paying in the range of $19.71 – $22.12/hour (which is approximately $41,000 – $46,000/year for full-time). Compensation is commensurate with experience. Annual salary increases will be considered based on performance and available resources. For full-time employees, SCI covers up to $622/month towards health insurance premiums, paid vacation, 80 hours of sick leave/year, twelve paid holidays, life insurance, and other full-time staff benefits. Paid vacation begins accruing at a rate of 80 hours a year and increases up to 160 hours a year based on tenure with SCI. SCI has a 403B retirement plan, which employees can contribute to. SCI will contribute to full-time employees’ retirement plans as the budget and available resources allow.
We are looking to hire the right candidate to start as soon as possible. SCI will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and will continue until we find the right person for the job. We encourage applicants to apply early.
In one email, submit a resume or CV, and cover letter with salary requirements to Sara Rosen, Program and Operations Manager at email@example.com. Please indicate how you learned about this position. Candidates are responsible for ensuring receipt of application materials. The most qualified candidates will be invited to a phone interview and will be asked to complete a timed exercise to analyze relevant skills at a mutually agreed upon time. Applicants must be eligible for employment in the US and live in or be willing to relocate to the Sacramento, California, USA area.
See www.solarcookers.org for more information.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org