Website Silver Lining Mentoring
Providing volunteer mentoring relationships to youth in foster
Organization: Silver Lining Mentoring
Position Title: Development Manager
Position Tagline: A detail-oriented self-starter and aspiring leader who will bring project management excellence to an innovative and successful development team
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with experience, with an anticipated starting salary between $72,000-$80,000. Silver Lining Mentoring offers a strengths-based collaborative team, flexible work environment, accessible office location in downtown Boston, and excellent benefit package with generous vacation including a 1-week closure in the last week of December.
Office Location: Boston, MA – This position is based in Massachusetts and applicants must be a resident of Massachusetts, New Hampshire, or Rhode Island. This is a hybrid role that is mostly remote but requires coming into the office at a minimum of once a week with additional in-person meetings with stakeholders as needed. This hybrid work model is subject to change based on business needs. This position may also require occasional weekend and evening hours, as well as local travel.
To Apply: Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered for this position to HR@silverliningmentoring.org.
Expected hire date: Mar 1, 2023
About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an inspired, dedicated development professional to join a talented team within an organization poised for growth. Reporting to the Director of Development, and in collaboration with the Operations Coordinator, Grants Manager, and Associate Director of Communications and Marketing, the Development Manager will play an essential role in the development and implementation of fundraising strategies and tactics, and the smooth running of the department.
Who We’re Looking for:
We know that a diverse team makes for collaborative work and creative thinking, and we strongly encourage applications from people of color and people with experience with the foster care system. If a role at Silver Lining sounds like something you’d find fulfilling and aligns with your career goals, please consider applying even if your experience doesn’t exactly match the requirements listed.
● Strong commitment to, and belief in the mission, vision and values of Silver Lining Mentoring
● Minimum 3-5 years of professional fundraising experience, ideally with growing responsibility and in a fast-paced environment
● Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
● Superior project management skills
● Advanced organizational skills and keen attention to detail
● Experience working with data to inform strategy and decision-making
● Ability to work independently, take initiative and work effectively within a team
● Must be a quick learner, able to multi-task and easily adapt to changing circumstances
● Ability to collaborate effectively with SLM staff, leadership, donors, Board members, young people, mentors, and external partners
● Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, and online platforms (Box and Salesforce a plus)
Please note: We are not able to sponsor U.S. work authorization for this role.
What You’ll Do:
● In collaboration with SLM’s leadership, plan and execute a variety of special events that inspire, educate and cultivate attendees by showcasing SLM’s mission.
○ Ensure the successful execution of logistics for all events; for Match gala, work closely with event planning consultant to this end.
○ Produce Match sponsorship solicitation materials and templates; track sponsorship asks, pledges, and payments; and ensure sponsors are acknowledged as promised.
○ In collaboration with the Associate Director of Communications and Marketing, recruit and support runners on SLM’s behalf for the Boston Marathon.
○ Manage all donor event-related communication outreach, including creation of targeted donor invitation lists, coordination of event registration, tracking follow up on gratitude and other messages, and ensuring updates, notes and next steps are tracked in Salesforce and individual portfolios.
● Work with the Operations Coordinator to maintain clean and accurate records of individual giving, stewardship events, and donor and volunteer information in Salesforce.
● Oversee the gift entry and acknowledgement process, ensuring that SLM thanks donors and funders in an accurate, timely, and meaningful manner.
● Ensure the accuracy and usefulness of data to inform decision-making and action.
● In collaboration with the Director of Development, CEO, and Associate Director of Communications and Marketing, manage and support robust year-end giving and other donor-outreach campaigns and communications throughout the year.
● In collaboration with Director of Development and CEO, manage and track donor and prospect pipelines as well as moves-management processes and strategies, reporting on donor performance metrics quarterly.
● Conduct ongoing individual research on new and current contributors, as well as prospective donors, and create individual briefing documents for donor meetings.
● Liaise with the Program Team and other departments to maintain up-to-date knowledge/understanding of program activities, impact, outcomes, and needs, as well as to share stories, plan site visits, etc.
● Recruit and prepare mentees, mentors, Board members, volunteers and staff for participation in development activities and events.
For 20 years, Silver Lining Mentoring has been empowering youth in foster care to thrive through committed mentoring relationships and the development of essential life skills. Our clinically-informed staff recruits, trains, and supports volunteer mentors to be there for young people impacted by the child welfare system.
Silver Lining Mentoring offers four core services, the following three in the greater Boston area: Community Based Mentoring, which provides one-to-one volunteer mentorships to youth ages 7+; Learn and Earn, a life skills curriculum accompanied by a one-to-one volunteer mentorship available to young people ages 16+; and Transition Age Youth Services (TAY), which provides life skills development and leadership opportunities to help young adults navigate their independent living goals.
Our fourth core service, the Silver Lining Mentoring Institute, teaches and trains organizations and state agencies nationwide to better serve youth impacted by foster care through mentoring. Launched in 2019, the Institute’s goal is that every young person in the U.S. impacted by foster care will have access to a high-quality, consistent volunteer mentoring relationship.
For more information please visit www.silverliningmentoring.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com