Reporting to the Managing Director, the Operations Coordinator aids in the daily operations of Shelter Music Boston to support the organization’s mission. Shelter Music Boston is seeking a committed team player to support the essential functions of our programs.
- Schedule monthly concerts and/or quarterly recording sessions, coordinating schedules with Ensemble Leaders, partner sites, and recording venues
- Research and craft monthly program notes and prepare concert programs using scheduled repertoire
- Create/send promotional flyers and concert reminders to service partners each month
- Transcribe and tabulate audience survey data each month
Conduct site visits with potential new concert partners and recording venues
- Attend concerts as available
- Supervise production interns
- Recruit, onboard, and manage volunteers
- Generate and distribute monthly artist contracts
- Update SMB website, including monthly concert calendar and repertoire listing (Weebly)
- Maintain SMB repertoire database and video tracking documents
- Support the onboarding of new musicians, including attending initial onboarding meetings, distributing employment paperwork and New Musician Guide
- Manage the general organization email inbox
- Contribute to SMB communications including content writing, simple graphic design, photo editing, and minimal video editing
- Assist with the Spring and Fall Fundraising Appeal process
- Assist with planning and logistics for fundraising events
- Attend fundraising events to assist with set-up, registration/ticket sales, and break down
- Assist with grant writing, as needed
- Collaborate on social media content creation and planning
Other tasks as assigned
- A passion for social justice
- Able to serve as an ambassador for SMB
- Appreciation and recognition of the transformational power of classical music
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Ability to understand and communicate project logistics
- Strong communication skills in all modalities – in writing, by phone, in person, and through video conference
- Ability to work with SMB service partners and audiences in a variety of environments and settings
- Experience with Google Suite, DonorPerfect, Weebly, Constant Contact, Canva, social media platforms preferred
- 15-20 hours per week for 50 weeks (specific schedule flexible based on workload, some weekday “business hours” availability needed)
- Must use own phone and personal computer (for now); must have reliable internet access
- Access to a car preferred
SMB’s Operations Coordinator is a part-time W2 position and will be paid $18/hour for 15-20 hours/week. Benefits include 2 weeks of unpaid vacation and enrollment in SMB’s Simple IRA plan with a 2% employer contribution.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume/CV, two (2) references, and a cover letter outlining your professional accomplishments and what makes you a good fit for Shelter Music Boston. Please send all application materials to Carrie Eldridge-Dickson, Managing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 3, 2023.
ABOUT SHELTER MUSIC BOSTON
Shelter Music Boston (SMB) is an internationally recognized leader in providing innovative programming through its classical music performances in social service settings. Since 2010 SMB has provided over 600 classical chamber music concerts, performed to the highest artistic standards, to homeless shelters and other sheltering environments throughout Greater Boston. The mission of this organization is to promote community, creative interaction, respect, and therapeutic benefit via live concerts provided to organizations that offer services to people who are homeless and/or struggling with substance misuse and mental health issues. We believe all people deserve access to the dignity, creativity, and passion of classical music, whether or not they have a home. We envision a world in which classical music is embraced as an integral component of professionally delivered social services in sheltering environments.
NONDISCRIMINATION STATEMENT AND COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
Shelter Music Boston is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We are committed to providing an inclusive, equitable, and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, independent contractors, board members and other volunteers, vendors, and the individuals we serve. The audiences we serve represent a diverse cross section within our community, including people of color, people living in poverty, women, and individuals who identify as LGBTQ. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com