Website SER Metro-Detroit
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: SER Learning Academy
DIVISION: SER Metro Charter School
LOCATION: Samaritan Center – 5555 Conner St, Detroit, MI 48213
REPORTS TO: Pupil Accounting Specialist
APPROVED DATE: 5/3/2022
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for performing all office and administrative support necessary to effectively conduct the day-to-day activities under the direction of the Pupil Accounting Specialist. Assists in the registration process of potential students while providing data system support and reporting. Provides a high level of day-to-day operational and administrative support for academic and student services. Provides administrative support to teachers and students. Ensures a positive learning environment for students and staff.
About SER Learning Academy: SYLA is an alternative high school for youth ages 16-21. Its model provides learners with the knowledge, skills, and self-discipline necessary to become successful citizens in a global society. At SYLA you will be part of a team that believes in this mission and makes real impact in young people’s lives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Collaborates with Pupil Accounting Specialist and SER Case Management Team to ensure that the registration process is completed with fidelity
· Ensures that all student documents are signed and that each file is complete
· Provides office support relative to the following school processes and procedures: data entry, letters, memorandums, attendance, student management system, office supplies/management, pick-up/deliveries coordination of equipment troubleshooting
· Assists with student daily contact to improve retention, engagement and overall outcomes
· Responsible for generating reports, transcripts, grades, report cards, the intake process and placing student information in FileMaker and PowerSchool
· Responsible for providing student information to teachers, administration, and Pupil Accounting Specialist
· Ensures student daily attendance is taken in PowerSchool each hour and recorded with accuracy
· Follows procedures for safe storing and integrity of all public and confidential school records
· Responsible for completing and submission of immunizations into MICR
· Consistently displays the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with students, parents, and school personnel
· Notifies immediately appropriate personnel and agencies when there is evidence of substance abuse, child abuse, child neglect, severe medical or social conditions, potential suicide or students appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances
· Maintains student files so that they are always “audit ready”
· Tracks and submits incentive log for payment of APEX Learning course completions and daily incentives
· Attends required meetings and trainings as required by Pupil Accounting Specialist, School Administration, SER Management Company, or School Board
· Assists in the auditing and the process for district, local, state and federal reporting under the leadership of the Pupil Accounting Specialist
· Responsible for ensuring that all CDC and safety guidelines are adhered to consistently
· Performs such other related tasks and assumes such other related responsibilities as needed
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
· Preferably an Associate’s degree in Business, Accounting or related field
· Two years of relevant full-time experience in a general office environment, preferably within a school
· Must be knowledgeable of efficient office practices and procedures. Must possess the ability to multi task
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Computer skills and experience in school related office procedures and student management system processes (PowerSchool)
· Ability to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds and varying levels of need
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and performance-based environment, with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet critical deadlines
· Must be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks as well as possess excellent organizational and time management skills
· Ability to interact with students, parents and staff in a positive and productive manner
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) and online sourcing tool with functional knowledge of internet use for search platforms
· Must be willing to work a flexible schedule
· Must possess and provide a valid Michigan Driver’s License. Incumbent must also have reliable transportation
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time, and have sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a phone, computer keyboard, and other office equipment. Must be able to lift a minimum of 10 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. – This job operates in a normal school environment with a noise level, which is at times, moderately loud with little discomfort due to noise, dirt, dust and the like. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities that may be performed by a person so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org