Website Save The Bay
Save The Bay’s mission is to protect and restore the Bay
Who We Are and What We Do
Save The Bay’s mission is to protect and restore the Bay for people and wildlife. We are the only regional organization that integrates political advocacy, wetland restoration, and education to shape a healthy and resilient region. We are a team of passionate people, and at the core, we are collaborative, supportive, dedicated, and bold. The organization has begun a process to create a workplace that genuinely values diversity and is equitable, inclusive, and accessible to all. We are committed to this eternal work and approach it with humility and intentionality.
Place yourself at the intersection of Save The Bay’s restoration, policy, and outreach campaigns with a position that interfaces with many different staff and subject areas within Save The Bay’s Development and Communications Team. Support our outreach and communication efforts promoting our restoration work and policy campaigns, as well as ongoing events. Help strategize and develop content, learn digital marketing and fundraising best-practices, and gain hands-on experience in professional networking and community partnership building. The Fellow will work primarily remotely, with potential for some in-person collaboration with teammates in our downtown Oakland office and/or other venues (as public safety permits). Equipment such as a laptop will be provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Support communications by creating dynamic content, including written, graphic, and video social media posts, blogs, and public relations outreach materials that amplifies the organization’s brand, initiatives, and events
· Partner with the Communications Manager to update and refresh all organizational websites: savesfbay.org, bayday.org, sfbayactionfund.org
· Develop email marketing campaigns to support Save The Bay’s outreach, fundraising, and programs
· Provide support in the production and execution of Bay Day – our most significant community engagement event, which will take place September through October
· Help expand our network of organizations/individuals related to fundraising and events by conducting research, developing partnerships, and participating in outreach opportunities (potentially out in the community and/or at corporate sites)
· Opportunity for special projects that align with organizational needs and personal career goals
· Participate in regular team and all-staff meetings to learn about the organization’s strategy, planning, programs and operations
· Assist with various support tasks as needed
Qualifications and Requirements
· Interest in San Francisco Bay environmental issues and enthusiasm for Save The Bay’s mission and programs
· Strong writing and design skills and an interest in learning new programs applications
· Detail-oriented, with strong communication and organizational skills
· Ability to work effectively across cultures and demonstrate a commitment to learning, communicating, and working respectfully with people who are different from yourself
· Minimum commitment of at least 20 hours a week for 8 months
· Active participation and adherence to COVID-19 guidelines
· WordPress experience a plus
· Salesforce experience a plus
Location: Our work is performed in a hybrid setting (remote and in office) with in-person staff meetings the first Tuesday of the month and occasional team meetings in our office based in Oakland, CA, and at our various restoration sites around the San Francisco Bay Area. Commute time will be considered part of normal work hours, up to 30 minutes each way.
Compensation and Benefits: The Communications Fellow position is 20 hours per week with an hourly wage of $16.00. The fellow will also receive a $75 per month home office stipend. The position is temporary with a commitment of 8 months, with the potential it may be extended up to one year. This is a non-exempt position.
Hiring Timeline (This is our ideal timeline, but it may be subject to changes):
· Priority deadline for applications is May 7, 2023
· We will review resumes and conduct interviews in May
· We would like to make an offer to a candidate mid-May and have the candidate start June 1, 2023
COVID-19 Policy: All new hires must be fully vaccinated prior to their start of employment unless they are pre-qualified by HR for exemption.
Save The Bay is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of all racial backgrounds, cultural backgrounds, gender expression and sexual orientation to apply. We strongly encourage Black, Indigenous, and People of Color to apply.
How To Apply: This position is open until filled. To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please make sure to include the position title – Communications Fellow – in the subject line. In the body of the email, please share where you found this job listing.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org