Website Save The Bay
Save The Bay’s mission is to protect and restore the Bay
Who We Are and What We Do
Save The Bay’s mission is to protect and restore the Bay for people and wildlife. We are the only regional organization that integrates political advocacy, wetland restoration, and education to shape a healthy and resilient region. We are a team of passionate people, and at the core, we are collaborative, supportive, dedicated, and bold. The organization has begun a process to create a workplace that genuinely values diversity and is equitable, inclusive, and accessible to all. We are committed to this eternal work and approach it with humility and intentionality.
The Operations Manager is an important member of Save the Bay’s Finance and Administrative Team. They provide IT, bookkeeping, and administrative support for the organization’s approximately 30 to 35 employees, who primarily work remotely and occasionally in an office shared with another organization. This is a full-time, non-exempt position, Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., reporting to the Finance and Administrative Manager. This position requires travel to the Oakland office at least twice per week and the ability to be onsite within 30 minutes during business hours; position is otherwise remote.
Reports to: Finance and Administrative Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Information Technology (IT)
· Maintain, troubleshoot, and train staff on Save The Bay’s network and organization-wide platforms:
o Abacus for expense management
o Adobe Acrobat for forms and e-signatures
o Asana for project management, including leading a cross departmental team for collaboration
o LastPass for password storage
o Knowbe4 for cybersecurity
o Microsoft 0365, including Share Point for files and Outlook for email and calendaring
o Zoom for teleconferencing, phone, and instant messaging
· Oversee IT contractor who manages Save The Bay’s network security and backups and provides desktop support to staff, in conjunction with Operations Manager
· Maintain inventory of company laptops, office AV, and miscellaneous IT equipment; purchase and dispose of as necessary
· Deposit checks at the office (mostly electronically) twice per week
· Collect and forward bills to bookkeeping contractor for payment (electronically). Provide other information to bookkeeping contractor, as needed.
· Manage corporate credit card accounts
· Monitor bank account balances and transfer funds as necessary
· Assist Finance and Administrative Manager with contract invoicing and financial forms
· Work with Finance and Administrative Manager to research and implement new systems and software, as needed
· Collect and scan mail at the office twice per week
· Respond to general information emails and voicemails from the public
· Serve as liaison between the organization we sublet office space from and Save The Bay staff, including on office protocols, security etc.
· Handle logistics for monthly in-person staff meetings including room setup, food, and role sign ups
· Post Save The Bay job openings on job boards
· Assist with employee onboarding and offboarding
· Manage Outlook calendar invites for organization wide activities
· Manage physical move/reconfiguration of office, as needed
Other Duties as Assigned
Qualifications and Experience
· At least 3 years of relevant work experience
· Highly proficient in Microsoft 0365 (especially Share Point and Outlook), Zoom, Adobe Acrobat, at least one project management platform (Asana preferred), at least one expense management platform (Abacus preferred), and at least one password storage platform (LastPass preferred)
· Experience with QuickBooks and Salesforce a plus (platforms managed by other staff members)
· Superior communication and customer service skills
· Ability to type at least 60 words per minute
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to problem solve and be resourceful
· Desire to work independently and as part of a team
· Enthusiasm to continually learn about and work to improve DEIA (Diversity, Equity, Inclusivity and Accessibility) at Save The Bay
· Clear background check
Location: Our work is performed in a hybrid setting (remote and in office) with periodic in-person staff and team meetings in our office based in Oakland, CA, and at our various restoration sites around the San Francisco Bay Area. Save The Bay will reimburse for travel expenses between the employee’s home and the office, up to 10 miles each way, when required to come to the office. Commute time will be considered part of normal work hours, up to 30 minutes each way.
Start Date: The priority deadline for applications is March 15, 2023; Preferred start date is May 1, 2023.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, non-exempt, 40 hours per week position. The hourly range for this position is $33 to $36 per hour, based on experience. We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, acupuncture/chiropractic, and life insurance; 12 paid vacation days per year to start, 13-14 paid holidays and 12 days of sick leave per calendar year; 403(b) retirement plan; stipend for working remotely and funds for home office workstation equipment and furniture.
Hiring Timeline (This is our ideal timeline, but it may be subject to changes):
– The deadline for applications is March 15, 2023
– We will review resumes and conduct interviews in Later March
– Finalists will be invited to submit three references
– We would like to make an offer to a candidate by Mid-April and have the candidate start in May
COVID-19 Policy: All new hires must be fully vaccinated prior to their start of employment unless they are pre-qualified by HR for exemption.
Save The Bay is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of all racial backgrounds, cultural backgrounds, gender expression and sexual orientation to apply. We strongly encourage Black, Indigenous, and People of Color to apply.
How To Apply: This position is open until filled. To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include the position title –Operations Manager– in the subject line. In the body of the email, please share where you found this job listing.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com