Website Save The Bay
Save The Bay’s mission is to protect and restore the Bay
Who We Are and What We Do
Save The Bay’s mission is to protect and restore the Bay for people and wildlife. We are the only regional organization that integrates political advocacy, wetland restoration, and education to shape a healthy and resilient region. We are a team of passionate people, and at the core, we are collaborative, supportive, dedicated, and bold. The organization has begun a process to create a workplace that genuinely values diversity and is equitable, inclusive, and accessible to all. We are committed to this eternal work and approach it with humility and intentionality.
Position Summary Save The Bay seeks a Development Coordinator to join our passionate and innovative Development & Communications Team at an exciting time of growth for the organization. The Development Coordinator will play a vital role in fundraising at all giving levels, donor and database management and events. This position will report to the Director of Individual Giving and collaborate with teams across the organization. This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position, Monday through Friday during the hours of 9-5:30. This position requires travel to the office in downtown Oakland at least 1-2 days a week, depending on campaign initiatives, and is otherwise remote.
REPORTS TO: Director of Individual Giving
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Fundraising, Cultivation & Stewardship – 30%
• Coordinate and project manage direct mail campaigns including renewals, special appeals, year-end giving, and sustainers.
• Manage print/mail house and direct mail processing vendors to ensure performance, compliance, accuracy, and use of current materials.
• Oversee donor thank you and acknowledgment programs in-house and via our third-party gifts processing vendor. Produce high-quality acknowledgement letters, communications, and delivery to donors.
• Support digital fundraising strategies for Giving Tuesday, Bay Day and other integrated and online campaigns
• Steward monthly donors and develop strategies to increase giving and engagement
• Construct and segment mailing and emailing lists for fundraising appeals and outreach; assist in ask strings and other variable data needs.
• Conduct prospect research on all new leads and prepare prospect research reports for individual giving team as needed
• Provide customer service and referrals for donors seeking information or assistance on contributions, events, volunteering or other questions.
• Assist in coordinating and promoting fundraising and organizational-led events.
Database Management – 40%
• Responsible for all department-related data entry, processing, report generation, data and trends analysis and overall database integrity.
• Support program teams with Salesforce issues and list purchases related to the C3/C4.
• Manage our CRM integrations including Classy, Apsona, and DonorSearch.
• Create ongoing dashboards that will analyze and track retention and attrition data, along with progress against goals.
• Liaise with the Finance & Administration team to ensure accurate and timely gift processing and accounting.
• Collect and input donor and prospect information into donor database. Ensure accuracy of gift entry and reporting.
• Create and maintain dashboards to track progress toward goals, including donor retention and attrition.
Administrative & Other – 30%
• Serve as the point person for the department as it pertains to check requests, reimbursements, and other operational duties as needed and assigned.
• Help submit and track departmental expenses and assist the Director of Individual Giving with quarter close and budget tracking.
• Participate in the planning and execution of departmental tasks, team meetings, retreats, and other team-building activities.
• Work collaboratively across our various departments to brainstorm ideas to improve processes and use creative problem-solving skills to provide fixes to pain points.
Qualifications and Experience
• Familiarity with development processes: donor identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
• Ability to work effectively across cultures; demonstrated commitment to learning, communicating, and working respectfully with people who are different from themselves.
• Highly organized, self-starters with good interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Advanced computer skills with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Database knowledge and experience, Salesforce preferred
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
• Willingness to learn fundraising principles and practices and to embrace new ideas
• Ability to work additional hours and weekends when donor events are taking place.
• Minimum of two years’ experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in development services functions and office management experience.
• Ability to embrace the mission, vision, and values of Save The Bay
• Clean background check
Location: Our work is performed mostly remotely (apart from our Habitat Restoration Staff) with periodic in-person staff and team meetings in our office based in Oakland, CA, and our various restoration sites around the San Francisco Bay Area. Employees must reside in California.
Start Date: The priority deadline for applications is November 14, 2022; Preferred start date is January 3, 2022.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, non-exempt, 40 hours per week position. The hourly range for this position is $28.85 to $31.25 per hour, based on experience. We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, acupuncture/chiropractic, and life insurance; 12 paid vacation days per year to start, 13-14 paid holidays and 12 days of sick leave per calendar year; 403(b) retirement plan; stipend for working remotely and funds for home office workstation equipment and furniture.
Hiring Timeline (This is our ideal timeline, but it may be subject to changes):
– The deadline for applications is 11/14
– We will review resumes and conduct interviews on a rolling basis
– Finalists will be invited to submit three references
– We would like to make an offer to a candidate by December and have the candidate start in January
COVID-19 Policy: All new hires must be fully vaccinated prior to their start of employment unless they are pre-qualified by HR for exemption.
Save The Bay is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of all racial backgrounds, cultural backgrounds, gender expression and sexual orientation to apply. We strongly encourage Black, Indigenous, and People of Color to apply.
How To Apply: This position is open until filled. To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please make sure to include the position title –Development Coordinator– in the subject line. In the body of the email, please share where you found this job listing.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org