Website Save The Bay
Save The Bay’s mission is to protect and restore the Bay
Who We Are and What We Do
Save The Bay’s mission is to protect and restore the Bay for people and wildlife. We are the only regional organization that integrates political advocacy, wetland restoration, and education to shape a healthy and resilient region. We are a team of passionate people, and at the core, we are collaborative, supportive, dedicated, and bold. The organization has begun a process to create a workplace that genuinely values diversity and is equitable, inclusive, and accessible to all. We are committed to this eternal work and approach it with humility and intentionality.
Position Summary The Hybrid Operations and IT Manager is an important member of Save the Bay’s Finance and Administrative Team. They provide IT, bookkeeping, and administrative support for the organization’s approximately 30 to 35 employees, who primarily work remotely and occasionally in organization’s office. This is a full-time, non-exempt position, Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., reporting to the Finance and Administrative Manager. This position requires travel to the Oakland office at least two days per week and is otherwise remote.
REPORTS TO: Finance and Administrative Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Information Technology 40%
· Manage, maintain, troubleshoot, and train staff on Save The Bay’s network and the following organizational software:
o Microsoft Outlook – for email and calendaring
o Zoom – for teleconferencing, phone, and instant messaging
o Asana – for project management
o Abacus – for expense management
o Adobe Acrobat – for forms and e-signatures
o LastPass – for password storage
o Knowbe4 – for cybersecurity and other trainings
· Oversee IT contractor who maintains Save The Bay’s server, network, and active directory and provides some desktop support to staff (software excluded)
· Maintain inventory of computers, teleconferencing equipment, and other hardware; purchase and dispose of as necessary
• Assist with onboarding (including tech training) and offboarding of employees
• Manage physical moves to new offices, or reconfiguration of office, as needed
• Go to the office twice per week to collect and scan mail
• Respond to general information emails and voicemails from the public
• Oversee office functions: manage relationship with landlord or master tenant for office repairs and maintenance; maintain equipment and supplies; manage in-office systems, including safety protocols
• Coordinate logistics for monthly in-person staff meetings and other all staff activities, including calendar invites, room setup, food, etc.
• Post job openings online
• Other duties as assigned
• Deposit checks (mostly electronically)
• Pay bills (electronically)
• Provide information to bookkeeping contractor, who enters all data into QuickBooks
• Manage corporate credit card accounts
• Monitor bank account balances and transfer funds as necessary
• Assist Finance and Administrative Manager with contract invoicing and financial forms
Qualifications and Experience
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Zoom, at least one project management platform (Asana preferred), at least one expense management platform (Abacus preferred), and Adobe Acrobat
• Experience with Quickbooks and Salesforce a plus
• Superior communication and customer service skills
• Ability to type at least 60 works per minute
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to problem solve and be resourceful
• Desire to work independently and as part of a team
• Enthusiasm and desire to engage in DEIA (Diversity, Equity, Inclusivity and Accessibility) work
• Ability to move at least 40 lbs
• Clean background check
• Valid California driver’s license and clean driving record
Location: Our work is performed mostly remotely (apart from our Habitat Restoration Staff) with periodic in-person staff and team meetings in our office based in Oakland, CA, and our various restoration sites around the San Francisco Bay Area.
Start Date: The priority deadline for applications is 10/28/2022; Preferred start date is 11/28/2022.
Compensation and Benefits: This is a full-time, non-exempt, 40 hours per week position. The hourly range for this position is $33.00 to $36.00 per hour, based on experience. We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, acupuncture/chiropractic, and life insurance; 12 paid vacation days per year to start, 13-14 paid holidays and 12 days of sick leave per calendar year; 403(b) retirement plan; stipend for working remotely and funds for home office workstation equipment and furniture.
Hiring Timeline (This is our ideal timeline, but it may be subject to changes):
– The deadline for applications is 10/28/2022
– We will review resumes and conduct interviews in November
– Finalists will be invited to submit three references
– We would like to make an offer to a candidate by Mid-November and have the candidate start in Late-November
COVID-19 Policy: All new hires must be fully vaccinated prior to their start of employment unless they are pre-qualified by HR for exemption.
Save The Bay is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of all racial backgrounds, cultural backgrounds, gender expression and sexual orientation to apply. We strongly encourage Black, Indigenous, and People of Color to apply.
How To Apply: This position is open until filled. To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include the position title – Hybrid Operations and IT Manager – in the subject line. In the body of the email, please share where you found this job listing.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com