Website San Miguel Resource Center
Support for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault
Who We Are
The mission of the San Miguel Resource Center is to empower and advocate for individuals affected by domestic violence and sexual assault through intervention and supportive services, while promoting social change through prevention education and community awareness.
We envision an equitable community in which every person has the right and the ability to be safe, respected, empowered, and free from oppression, violence, and the fear of violence. We strive to create an environment that affirms diversity of persons as well as diversity of views to ensure inclusive and accessible spaces for all.
SMRC was founded in 1993 as the “Tomboy House” by citizens who were concerned about the unmet needs of domestic violence and sexual assault survivors in the community. Prior to SMRC’s founding, all domestic violence and sexual assault crisis services were managed by law enforcement and social service agencies who lacked the time, training, and capacity to adequately support victims and their families. In response, victims and community members initiated a grassroots effort resulting in the formation of SMRC. The organization has grown with the community serving 28 victims in 1994 and 181 in 2022. We are the ONLY agency serving victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in our rural service area.
SMRC is looking for an experienced Advocacy Services Manager who is compassionate, confident, and willing to advocate for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in an increasingly diverse, rural community. Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional in the field of interpersonal violence with a background in advocacy services, program management, team leadership, training, and a commitment to ending violence in all forms.
What You Will Do
The Advocacy Services Manager, based in Telluride, Colorado, reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for:
- Overseeing and providing advocacy services for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in San Miguel and West Montrose Counties
- Managing the Advocacy Services Program
- Conducting staff trainings
- Serving as a team leader
- Supporting fundraising and community awareness activities
- Other responsibilities include scheduled and paid week-long “on-call” rotation of evening and weekend shifts for after-hours crisis response and volunteer advocate support and participation in the 40-hour Victim’s Advocate training provided by SMRC.
For a full job description visit https://apply.workable.com/smrcco/j/35C1035AEA/
Preferred Experience and Education
- Professional experience working with diverse, vulnerable populations; and/or
- Education in a human service-related field (social work, psychology, counseling, etc.)
Current Priorities of Position
If you were here right now, working as the SMRC Advocacy Services Manager, you would be:
- Training and supporting a new Community Engagement Advocate
- Preparing data reports for monthly and quarterly grant reporting
- Analyzing service trends and program progress
- Reviewing client evaluation results
- Attending court with clients and conducting client meetings
- Providing advocacy services to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Supporting the Executive Director with developing and implementing a Sexual Assault Awareness Month Campaign
Keys to Success
- Commitment to SMRC’s mission
- Experience in relationship building, managing teams, training, and advocacy services
- Ability to work effectively with persons in crisis from diverse populations
- Ability to build positive relationships with clients, volunteers, staff, and community
- Ability to think critically, make difficult decisions, attend to details, and adapt to change
- Ability to use a computer, including web-based database platforms and Office 365
- Spanish language skills preferred but not required
Location, Travel, and Housing
The San Miguel Resource Center is based in the town of Telluride in the beautiful San Juan mountains of Colorado. Working from our satellite offices in Norwood and Naturita is needed at times, so this position requires a reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, and car insurance with minimum coverage of $100,000/$300,000 in bodily injury and $100,000 in property damage.
Please note that SMRC is committed to using our resources to help the new Advocacy Services Manager locate housing in our region.
Compensation and Benefits
The Advocacy Services Manager is a full-time, exempt position, with a comprehensive benefits package. Salary range is $70,000 – $80,000 with an additional hiring bonus of $5,000.
Benefits beginning at your start date:
- 10 paid holidays annually
- 6 paid sick days annually
- PTO accumulated at 5 hours per pay period for the first 2 years
- PTO after 2 years will accrue at 6 hours per pay period
- 36-hour work week: Please note that after the first 90 days you have the option to work a 36 hour/4-day schedule
Benefits beginning 60 days after the 1st of the month following your start date:
- Health, dental and vision coverage (100% funded by SMRC)
- Fidelity Simple IRA Retirement Account (up to 3% match)
- Wellness package: $1,350 per year, pro-rated
- Health-related funds: $2,500 per year, pro-rated
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.