Employer: San Francisco Education Fund
Job Title: Director of Development & Impact
Location: San Francisco, CA (Currently hybrid; work from home and in the office 1x a week)
WHO WE ARE
The San Francisco Education Fund leverages the full power and breadth of our collective resources to invest in the success of SFUSD public school students, mobilizing the community through tutoring and mentoring, scholarships, teacher grants, and corporate school adoption.
We believe all students deserve an equitable and inclusive education experience and the opportunity to thrive, regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, socio-economic status, gender, sexual orientation, or other life circumstances.
We know “It Takes a Community” and we’re looking for passionate changemakers dedicated to improving San Francisco public schools to join our team. Additional information about the Ed Fund’s programs can be found at www.sfedfund.org.
The Development & Impact Director will lead the Education Fund’s Development, Communications & Impact team, and serve on the senior management team. The Development, Communications, and Impact team is supported by the Development Committee of the Board of Directors and interacts frequently with the Chief Executive Officer to plan and execute the organizations’ overall fundraising, impact, and communications strategies, for which the Development & Impact Director has primary responsibility. With an ambitious goal of raising approximately $2 million in FY 2023-2024, the Education Fund seeks a leader who can inspire partners and build relationships with diverse stakeholders – ranging from government partners to individual donors. The Development & Impact Director reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY FOR IMPACT
Develop and manage a comprehensive annual development & communications strategy to cultivate a core set of champions for the Education Fund:
- In partnership with the CEO, use quantitative and qualitative data to develop a comprehensive development & marketing strategy and tactical plan that includes events, grants & appeals, general marketing and other stewardship opportunities. Oversee the development and stewardship of the organization’s endowment.
- Foster organizational excellence by establishing operational benchmarks, timelines, and resources needed to achieve strategic goals, proactively recommending and driving improvements as necessary; set standards for accountability and measurements of success.
- Serve as primary liaison to the Development Committee of the Board, working with the Committee Chair to plan meetings, set agendas, engage Board members, and communicate progress to the full Board.
Drive execution of the development & impact strategy to achieve results:
- Build the necessary infrastructure to scale fundraising efforts, including optimizing Salesforce and implementing a moves management process.
- Build the impact evaluation infrastructure in Salesforce to track organizational wide metrics of inputs, outputs, and impact for each program and across all programs and fiscal sponsorship efforts.
- Grow the individual base through the research and cultivation of new donors, the implementation of strong appeals, reimaging our social media outreach and supporting Young Leaders Council (YLC) with Communications and Events Associate.
- Plan, manage and execute high quality fundraising events including our signature event, the Back to School Gala with our Communications and Events Associate.
- Oversee the grants process from identification of potential funders, writing of quality grants, timely reporting and general foundation stewardship. Serve as primary point of contact for Program Officers.
- Cultivate corporate giving, in particular event sponsorships, corporate matching and in-kind contributions and transition of Circle the Schools partners to annual fund donors.
Create and implement organization-wide marketing and communications strategy to achieve results:
- Lead organization-wide marketing and communications strategy, including partnering with program team. Elevate our organizational voice as a thought leader in the education space.
- Represent the San Francisco Education Fund externally at both the local and national level as requested.
- Develop themes, messaging, content and collateral to support our development and program efforts, including regular newsletters, reports and tailored marketing.
- Provide staff, Board, Leadership Council, Young Leaders Council, and stakeholders with effective communication tools and relevant trainings to support our development and stewardship objectives.
Lead the management of a strong development & communications department:
- Recruit, lead and supervise the development & communications staff as well as independent contractors; ensure all team members have clear roles, receive regular feedback and have strong support/professional development systems.
- Bring knowledge and creativity about how to use effective strategies to promote the philanthropic and programmatic goals of San Francisco Education Fund.
- Provide strong project management and effectively utilize Education Fund systems and technology to support work-planning, milestone & outcome tracking and general project execution. Work with the CEO to set and manage the annual department budget.
- Participate as a member of the leadership team; contribute to the policy-making and strategic management of the San Francisco Education Fund.
- Take the lead role on organization-wide internal matters and special projects including the effective organization wide use of Salesforce.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in philanthropy, with a proven track record of meeting fundraising goals.
- Strong data management and analysis skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Top-notch management ability and commitment to being part of a dynamic staff team.
- Results driven & mission oriented; entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility.
- Comfortable making donation appeals and serving as the voice of the organization among diverse stakeholders.
- Experience with content management systems and/or constituent relationship management systems (Salesforce etc.).
- Management experience a plus.
- Knowledge of the education philanthropy landscape in the Bay Area.
The Director of Development and Impact is an exempt position. Annual salary range for this position is $101,000 – $183,000, with salary based on years of experience in a similar role. The Ed Fund is deeply committed to equity and fairness and therefore salary offers are based on set criteria and are determined in conjunction with an internal equity pay assessment. This means that our salary offers are non-negotiable. The San Francisco Education Fund provides a competitive benefits package, including generous vacation, medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and other fringe benefits.
AA/EOE. The San Francisco Education Fund is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
No phone calls, please. This position will remain open until filled; complete applications will be reviewed as they are received.
To apply for this job please visit ideali.st.