Samia A Halaby Foundation
Samia A Halaby Foundation Assistant Job Description
This is a part time position for a foundation assistant to coordinate the activities of the Samia A Halaby Foundation (SAHF). In the absence of a physical headquarters, and of any other paid staff, the task will involve providing an anchor to coordinate the myriad functions of the organization currently carried out by volunteer members of the Board of Directors. As such, the Assistant will report directly to the Board of Directors and carry out the following tasks, among others:
– Schedule and compile agenda for quarterly Board Meetings by the direction of the board
– Attend all Board and executive committee meetings. Attend some committee meetings.
– Execute grant-making operations to Foundation grantees
o research worthwhile grantees
o gather and review interim and final reports from selected grantees
o Assist treasurer to distribute funds in a timely manner to fulfill annual requirements
o gather government-required background checks
– Create and maintain Foundation website and social media (e.g., Instagram, Twitter)
– Maintain connections with existing contacts and maintain contact database
– Keep the Foundation financial books updated and initiate annual budget for board approval
– Organize and keep the SAHF Dropbox files updated
– Provide Foundation accountant data for filing 990-PF and DE and NY state paperwork
– Flexible hours but be available for called meetings
– Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
– Arabic language proficiency desired
– Familiarity with Palestinian history and culture, highly desirable
– Strong communication skills
Hours: The part time Assistant is expected to provide up to an average of 10 hours a week of work.
Compensation: The Assistant will be on a contract basis at a minimum of $20/hr.
Duration: This arrangement shall be in force for a period of 6 months at which time a review will be implemented. It can be terminated by either party on a two-week notice.
Reporting: The Assistant shall report to the President of the Foundation and to the Board of Directors through its Executive Committee composed of the President, Co-chairpersons, Secretary, and Treasurer.
Expenses: SAHF shall cover all associated expenses which must be coordinated with the Treasurer of SAHF.
The Assistant is expected to fully accept the mission of SAHF.
Mission of SAHF: Inspired by the moral and political persuasions of Samia Halaby, the mission of the SAHF is to benefit working-class Palestinian children and women living within the borders of Mandate Palestine (1920-1948) and if this is not possible, then within Arab countries. Samia Halaby was born in Palestine in 1936 and lived there until 1948 when her family was expelled from her home. She now resides in New York and is a recognized visual artist. She created this artist-endowed foundation in 2017 to benefit women and children of Palestine.
To apply for this job email your details to Halabymoore@gmail.com