Website Rocky Mountain Microfinance Institute
Title: Outreach Coordinator
Status: Part-time, Non-exempt; 25 hours per week
Hours: Majority of work will be during business hours (9am-5pm), with some evening and weekend hours
Reports to: Outreach Manager
Pay Range: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour (based on experience and skill sets)
Benefits: PTO; access to a Medical, Dental & Vision plan, 401k account with 3% match; and an annual Professional Development, DEIA, and Personal Wellness contribution
Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute (RMMFI) is a business incubator and financing program focused on reimagining social and economic mobility. RMMFI relentlessly focuses on its North Star – People are unstoppable forces. Life circumstances are real and sometimes overwhelming, yet they should not determine what we can do in the present or be in the future. We believe everyone should be free to make choices to activate the possible. RMMFI creates the space for communities and people of all backgrounds to realize their unique potential through the power of entrepreneurship. More information about RMMFI can be found at www.rmmfi.org.
Description: The Outreach Coordinator plays an important role representing RMMFI in the community in order to build awareness of RMMFI’s value and impact and generate a sustainable pipeline of entrepreneurs, volunteers, and referral partners. This position is responsible for building trusting relationships with community partners, entrepreneur, and volunteer leads, leading and attending outreach and recruitment events, and tracking pipelines and conversions in order to meet organizational goals for program participation and growth. The Outreach Coordinator will report to the Outreach Manager as part of the Community Engagement team and will work collaboratively with all departments in the organization, including Programs, Impact, Development, and Operations.
This position is ideal for a business owner or entrepreneurial candidate who is looking for a part-time position as a complement to their current work. Not ideal for candidates with an established full-time job.
Competencies and Responsibilities:
● Ability to build networks and trusted relationships with both individuals and organizations
● Comfort communicating with and presenting to both individuals and groups
● Genuine interest in helping people find the right path at the right time for them
● Aptitude for motivating people toward action by helping them overcome fear or other personal barriers
● Experience (personal or professional) with the barriers faced by under resourced individuals and communities
● Willingness to be flexible and meet individuals and groups where they are
● Ability to communicate details and key messages in a way that is relevant and approachable to the audience
● Creativity and willingness to test new tactics and channels for reaching communities
● Comfort with using or learning data tracking and reporting tools
● Commitment to an equity-informed approach to engagement, outreach, and recruitment
● Build and maintain genuine relationships with community partners to generate a sustainable pipeline of both qualified entrepreneurs and volunteers, including by regularly communicating about upcoming program opportunities and deadlines.
● Discover and attend networking, community, and recruitment event opportunities to build brand awareness, promote RMMFI’s offerings, and generate leads in new communities.
● Represent RMMFI in the community by presenting to groups and organizations and leading monthly RMMFI Info Sessions, utilizing the brand platform and key messages to ensure relevancy and consistency of external communications.
● Share insights and feedback from the community with the Community Engagement team to inform marketing, communications, partnership, and outreach strategies.
● Establish initial contact and follow up with prospective entrepreneurs and volunteers, screen potential candidates, and make appropriate referrals (whether to the next stage of engagement with RMMFI or to community partners or resources).
● Coordinate activities with the Community Engagement and Programs teams to ensure a smooth transition across recruitment, screening, and placement for entrepreneurs and volunteers.
● Continually improve and evaluate current and potential diversity recruitment practices, ideas, opportunities, and affinity partnerships to increase the ability to source diverse participants.
● Track and report all entrepreneur, volunteer, and partner leads until handoff to the Programs team.
● Work with the Outreach Manager to continuously assess the conversion of leads to program participants and develop strategies to increase conversion.
● Work with the Outreach Manager to continuously evaluate the program pipeline and make adjustments to outreach tactics as necessary to ensure pipeline health.
● Perform other duties as assigned and work with the Outreach Manager on special organizational projects as the need arises.
If interested, please send a culture letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Outreach Coordinator”. The culture letter speaks to your connection to RMMFI’s North Star and Guiding Principles. Please keep your culture letter to a maximum of 1 page and share some examples of how you would demonstrate these values as a potential employee at RMMFI.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. In all their dealings, the Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute does not discriminate based on: age; ancestry; creed; color; mental or physical disability; gender; gender identity, expression or characteristics; marital status; national origin; political service or affiliation; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; veteran status; or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. RMMFI is also committed to an equitable and inclusive work environment. Revised 25 April 2019
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org