Website Results for America
Organization: Results for America
Role: Associate, Development
Results for America (RFA) is the leading, national nonprofit organization helping policymakers at all levels of government harness the power of evidence and data to solve the world’s greatest challenges. Our mission is to make investing in what works the “new normal,” so that, one day, all government leaders use rigorous evidence and quality data to inform important policy and funding decisions. We believe that data-driven and evidence-based policy decisions could significantly increase the impact of the over $1 trillion that governments spend annually to advance economic mobility and racial equity.
Founded in 2012, RFA spent its first three years partnering with policy innovators to build the credibility of evidence-based policymaking, securing early and important wins in education, expanding its work to multiple levels of government and driving awareness and demand through carefully orchestrated education and communication campaigns. During its second phase (2015-2018), RFA worked to demonstrate the power of evidence-based policymaking in ways that resonate with an even broader universe of elected officials and policymakers. Now in its third phase of work, RFA intends to demonstrate that governments at all levels can make faster, more lasting progress in accelerating economic mobility for residents when they use evidence and data in decision-making.
Results for America (RFA) has developed an ambitious fundraising agenda to support its next phase of work. As part of the organization’s new strategic plan, RFA is in the process of cultivating numerous multimillion-dollar opportunities in support of the RFA mission. Currently, RFA is working with some of the nation’s largest and most innovative philanthropies; the organization is also looking to expand its donor base, diversify its funding streams, and build a sustainable model for the organization’s long-term growth and success. As part of this effort, RFA is focused on building out its community of supporters within the community of institutional foundations and beyond. Importantly, the organization intends to foster relationships with individual philanthropists and stand up a leadership gifts program.
The Associate will be integral to the successful operation of the Development team, providing administrative, organizational and project support as RFA grows to meet its ambitions. This work includes scheduling, preparing agendas and briefing material for internal and external meetings, as well as providing support on special projects.
Results for America (RFA) is seeking a dynamic early career professional with a passion for helping a non-profit organization secure resources in support of its mission.This position is an exciting opportunity for a young professional who is intellectually curious, mission-driven and believes that American lives can be improved when the government leverages the power of data and evidence to improve outcomes.
Position Reporting Relationship
The Associate will report to the VP, Development.
Position responsibilities will fall into four (4) main buckets – strategic fundraising leadership, strategic fundraising, team development and management, and communications and impact. Specific duties will include, but not be restricted to, the following:
Schedule Management (40%)
● Work with VP and other team members to align department goals with allocation of time. ● Work closely with other teams at RFA to organize regular meetings internally to ensure information sharing;
● Work closely with program officers at institutional foundations to promote ongoing correspondence and to enhance stewardship; and
● Collaborate with executive assistant to CEO to facilitate meeting with funders and prospects.
Meeting Preparation and Correspondence (20%)
● Help prepare VP and team members in advance of meetings, which can include: ○ Sending emails to request meeting
○ Researching participants
○ Developing background material, talking points, meeting goals, etc, as appropriate
○ Conducting relevant research to draft presentation materials
○ Preparing follow up emails to document next steps
Team Operations and Administration (40%)
● As directed by team leadership:
○ Contribute to the development of list of prospects for RFA’s work;
○ Manage the Donor and Prospect lists, updating them on a regular basis with new information;
○ Support grant writing and reporting; and
○ Contribute to the project management of grant reporting requirements that are shared within development and other teams in order to meet deadlines.
● Help prepare development collateral and presentations;
● Maintain the accuracy and integrity of database by ensuring that all information is current; ● Manage internal department accounts, such as Zoom, Slack and development database tools;
● Perform basic administrative duties such as data entry, expense reporting, file organization and more; and
● Assist with organization events as necessary.
All RFA employees are expected to participate in the organization’s diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts.
This is a full-time, exempt position.
Primary position qualifications include the following:
● Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 6 years of experience supporting a senior-level executive; and
● Experience contributing to multiple projects, administrative tasks and/or events simultaneously.
● Superior organizational skills, attention to detail and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner;
● Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
● Ability to support senior staff members as well as high level stakeholder, such as executives, elected officials, philanthropic donors, and other leaders;
● Capacity to be flexible and responsive in a dynamic environment while ensuring the executive of key objectives;
● Demonstrated ability to serve as a team player;
● Proficiency in Google Suite, Asana, MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and
● Appreciation for the vision of Results for America and its diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
Salary and Benefits
At Results for America, all staff members currently receive a compensation package that includes: (1) a salary aligned with RFA’s position level and salary bands and against similar nonprofit organizations; and (2) a suite of benefits that includes a choice of medical and/or vision and dental care, paid time off, a 403b retirement plan with employer match, and education and commuter benefits. The salary band for this position is $68,200 – $79,200.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should read “YOUR NAME – Associate, Development”.
RFA is an equal opportunity employer that values/celebrates diversity and that follows a policy of making all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, partnership status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses or stalking, military status, veteran status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com