Website Results for America
Organization: Results for America
Role: Associate, Rapid Response Unit
Results for America (RFA) is the leading, national nonprofit organization helping policymakers at all levels of government harness the power of evidence and data to solve the world’s greatest challenges. Our mission is to make investing in what works the “new normal,” so that, one day, all government leaders use rigorous evidence and quality data to inform important policy and funding decisions. We believe that data-driven and evidence-based policy decisions could significantly increase the impact of the over $1 trillion that governments spend annually to advance economic mobility and racial equity.
Founded in 2012, RFA spent its first three years partnering with policy innovators to build the credibility of evidence-based policymaking, securing early and important wins in education, expanding its work to multiple levels of government and driving awareness and demand through carefully orchestrated education and communication campaigns. During its second phase (2015-2018), RFA worked to demonstrate the power of evidence-based policymaking in ways that resonate with an even broader universe of elected officials and policymakers. Now in its third phase of work, RFA intends to demonstrate that governments at all levels can make faster, more lasting progress in accelerating economic mobility for residents when they use evidence and data in decision-making. By creating specific issue-area wins, RFA will further cement support for evidence-based policymaking among all policymakers as the “new normal.”
RFA is staffing a new Rapid Response Unit (RRU) to contribute to and advance the organization’s ability to meet its strategic goals. The RRU will work on a shifting portfolio of time-limited, high-priority projects determined to be critical to RFA’s success in its core impact areas. Functioning as a nimble group of internal consultants, members of the RRU team members will:
1. Embed in RFA’s existing program teams (part-time or full-time) to diagnose and solve pressing problems and crises and/or to develop new opportunities adjacent to existing programs.
2. Incubate new areas of work that sync with RFA’s overall strategy and commitment to impact, but that do not have an immediate home and responsible team within the organization.
The Associate will be a dedicated member of RFA’s emerging Rapid Response Unit, but will be flexibly embedded in one or multiple RFA projects at the same time. The Associate’s primary role will be to deliver on clear objectives, milestones, and metrics to significantly advance RFA’s ability to impact “dollars spent and lives improved” within these projects. The Associate will
receive coaching from the RRU’s Senior Manager, as well as guidance from the RRU’s Director, the area Vice President, and teams who requested the RRU unit’s support.
For this position, Results for America is seeking a team member who works well in a collaborative, cross-cutting team environment, proactively seeks out new challenges, and is passionate about maximizing RFA’s impact.
Position Reporting Relationship
The Associate, Rapid Response Unit will report to the Senior Manager, Rapid Response Unit.
The responsibilities of the Associate, Rapid Response Unit, include, but are not limited to:
Project support and management (35%)
● With guidance from the Senior Manager, ensure project impact by delivering work plans and work streams in coordination with the area that requested support.
● Help design and implement routines, convenings, and progress meetings for both the RFA areas and the RRU leadership, keeping project impact at the core.
● Update the Senior Manager on key project milestones, and involve the Senior Manager in project work when necessary.
Strategic thinking and data analysis (35%)
● Support strategic thinking for projects in consultation with RFA teams and RRU’s Senior Manager.
● Support the facilitation of problem-solving, program, and process design sessions with RFA teams and leadership.
● Support projects in the design and implementation of data collection, including but not limited to surveys, interviews, and user journeys.
● Perform data analysis, such as those requiring Excel and create compelling data visualizations.
● Contribute to the project’s communication efforts, including content development, presentations, storytelling, and reports.
● Contribute to the synthesis and communication of data-driven findings and recommendations for RFA teams, RRU, and Executive leadership.
● Support capacity building in these skills within RFA teams.
All RFA employees are expected to participate in the organization’s diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts.
Experience and Competencies
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree and 3-6 years of relevant experience required working in a project support and/or data analysis role in a nonprofit, public agency, or similar; previous consulting experiences a plus; and
● Demonstrated experience in contributing to multiple projects, processes, or events.
● Excellent project support skills, including the ability to “own” a deliverable such as an interview synthesis deck, with guidance from Senior Manager;experience with project management tools, such as Asana, a plus;
● Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills;
● Research, and qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills;
● Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to analyze and report on new information quickly; and
● Strong interpersonal skills, with a unique ability to build and manage supportive relationships across an organization;
● Understands the big picture and helps teams stay focused on impacting “dollars spent and lives changed”;
● Adapts quickly to new topics, contexts and challenges;
● Manages time effectively and can balance multiple workstreams at once;
● Builds and maintains strong internal and external relationships
● Strong commitment to the Results for America mission and vision, and a drive to always bring the conversation back to RFA’s ultimate goal of lives changed and dollars shifted; and
● Strong commitment to RFA’s diversity, equality, and inclusion commitments.
Salary and Benefits
At Results for America, all staff members currently receive a compensation package that includes: (1) a salary aligned with RFA’s position level and salary bands and against similar nonprofit organizations; and (2) a suite of benefits that includes a choice of medical and/or vision and dental care, paid time off, a 403b retirement plan with employer match, and education and commuter benefits. The salary band for this position is $68,200 – 79,200.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should read “YOUR NAME – Associate, RRU”.
RFA is an equal opportunity employer that values/celebrates diversity and that follows a policy of making all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, partnership status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses or stalking, military status, veteran status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses or stalking, military status, veteran status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com