Red Envelope Consulting
Red Envelope is seeking an Accounting Manager for one of our Indianapolis-based clients.
We are looking for a knowledgeable Accounting Manager who can lead and motivate accounting staff members and increase department accuracy and efficiency.
Under the direction of the CFO, the Accounting Manager will delegate, supervise, and participate in accounting department tasks and oversee the recording, tracking, and reporting of financial information. The Accounting Manager will hire, train, and motivate accounting staff members, develop and implement department controls and procedures, and ensure that the department operates efficiently without sacrificing accuracy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions. The Accounting Manager should proactively seek opportunities to increase fiscal stability and improve the company’s financial performance. This position will lead the implementation and maintenance of internal financial controls and procedures and propose process improvement procedures in all account areas. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the A/R process by ensuring all customers are invoiced in a timely manner and revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP
- Manage and perform the A/P function and ensure accurate and timely processing of vendor bills
- Process all accounting-related mail daily
- Prepare monthly billing invoices and statements
- Ensure all bank activity is timely and accurately recorded
- Manage the general ledger and data underlying financial statements
- Reconcile accounts as assigned
- Lead regular internal audits on payroll deductions and employee benefits
- Assist in the preparation of annual operating budget
- Perform all tasks associated with payroll processing (paycheck distribution, reports and records, and expense reimbursements); review quarterly payroll reports
- Ensure accuracy of W-2s and timely distribution to employees, current and former
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of processes to ensure excellent internal controls
- Oversee and manage databases (student, patient, donor, employee)
- Track all vendors through accurate recordkeeping
- Respond to and support financial inquiries with both staff and external parties
- Prepare and distribute assigned financial reports to key stakeholders, including CFO, Board of Directors, and other stakeholders as necessary
- Prepare minutes for and participate in Finance Committee Meetings
- Assist with ad-hoc financial information/report requests from CFO or other executive management
- Assist in negotiation of service provider contracts
- Build and manage relationship with key stakeholders and external service providers, including but not limited to vendors, consultants, school districts, and state personnel
- Maintain effective working relationships with banking and other key vendors and service providers
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5+ years in Management, Accounting, or related field with increasing proficiency of basic accounting functions
- MBA or CPA
- Experience working in and/or with nonprofit organizations
- 1+ years’ supervisory experience
- Medical billing experience
- 1+ years’ experience with Financial Edge and/or Raiser’s Edge
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Red Envelope Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.