Reporting to the National Director of Programs, the National Program Coordinator has a unique opportunity to help shape the programmatic, systems, and analytical support work of Reach Out and Read’s Program Operations (PROPS) Team. The National Program Coordinator is a valued team member who plays a key role in supporting programs strategy and implementation through leading site support systems and providing excellent customer service to Reach Out and Read sites.
You are an ideal candidate for the position if you are an emerging professional eager to learn and grow within a fast paced and dynamic nonprofit environment that values diversity. You will be best suited for this position if you are comfortable interacting with several stakeholders at different levels, interested in providing excellent customer service, able to progress work independently and able to stay solutions focused. As the National Program Coordinator, you will need to: be a problem solver eager to learn new skills and technology; adapt to an evolving and growing organization; and work as an effective team member with remote colleagues in a virtual working environment.
- Independent Site Support (50%)
- Provide technical assistance and customer service to independent Reach Out and Read sites
- Collaborate with multiple departments across Reach Out and Read to develop codified resources based on the needs of sites and clinic staff
- Analyze independent site data to make decisions about how to roll out program support strategies through a lens of equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Curate supports and resources for all Reach Out and Read site staff and providers through management of the myROR Resource Library
- Triage programmatic and technical-related inquiries from sites nationwide, ensuring that thorough and individualized support is provided to address any challenges or concerns
- Facilitate proactive communications between the National Center and independent program sites to promote a high standard of program quality
- Maintain and update the Reach Out and Read Site Coordinator Manual, utilized by Reach Out and Read sites nationwide
- Technical Assistance to Reach Out and Read Affiliates (25%)
- Support the network of Reach Out and Read affiliates by playing a key role in:
- Troubleshooting issues related to site support, myROR, supporting new sites, site lifecycle management, etc., in collaboration with the National Data and Systems Manager
- Distribute of resources based on network best practices
- Facilitate of affiliate training and networking opportunities
- Support the network of Reach Out and Read affiliates by playing a key role in:
- Support of Program Operations and National Center Projects (25%)
- Monitor the info at reachoutandread.org account and include other staff members as needed to ensure that all inquiries are met with a prompt and comprehensive response
- Partnering with the National Data and Systems Manager, assist in the oversight and management of the organization’s programmatic database myROR, including monitoring the day-to-day function of the website, engaging in data auditing efforts to ensure site information is accurately captured, and advising on fixes and new enhancements that would improve functionality and user experience
- Act as a key contributor to the team in problem-solving and strategic approaches toward questions and problems raised by the network
- Collaborate with team members on the rollout of National Center programs protocols
- Support organization-wide efforts to embed diversity, equity, and inclusion framing into existing strategies and processes
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities to improve program data collection, usage, and analysis practices, as well as quality assessment tool updates through the integration of a DEI lens
- Serve as the lead on critical components of the biannual Progress Report process; including the development and execution of a communications plan and dissemination of “how to” resources for sites to ensure ROR’s impact can be accurately reported and evaluated
- Administer monthly Site Startup application process; including review and evaluation of all new site applications and managing timely communications with sites, affiliates, and partner book vendors
- Assist with book allocation to sites nationwide
- Partnering with the Director of Programs, manage the programmatic requirements of ROR National grants, including outreach and recruitment efforts where needed, provision of technical assistance and quality assurance with participating sites, and facilitation of interdepartmental communications to ensure deliverables are met
- Coordinate with partner book vendors to troubleshoot customer service issues and continuously improve upon systems for partnering with Reach Out and Read sites
- Other duties as assigned or as required
Qualifications and Experience
There are innumerable ways to learn, grow and excel professionally. We respect this when we review applications and take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. We want to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. We are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software; skill with Microsoft Excel strongly preferred
- Experience working with video conferencing software
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage numerous tasks simultaneously with exceptional attention to detail
- Self-motivated, independent worker who functions effectively in a “virtual” work environment, while being an enthusiastic, collaborative team member committed to shared success
- Excellent problem-solving, operational, and written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive attitude, out-of-the-box thinking, sense of humor, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Professional, personable telephone demeanor; as comfortable on the phone/video meetings as with emailing
- Ability to work with all levels of staff and management, both in-person and virtually
- Enthusiastic team player and collaborator
- Belief in the power of diversity and excitement for working in a diverse culture and on diverse teams
This is a 40 hour/week, exempt position, with a flexible location. The national center for ROR, Inc. is located in Boston, MA and there are affiliate locations across the country, some of which are directly a part of ROR, Inc. It is preferred that this position be co-located with one of those ROR, Inc. states (WA, OR, OK, WI, GA, NC, SC, VA, DC, MA, CT, NH, VT, NY, NJ) for opportunities to engage in person with other colleagues and teams.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary will be competitive with similar roles at non-profit organizations of a comparable size, and you will also receive a robust benefits package. The salary range for this position is $47,000-$52,000 commensurate with experience. ROR offers medical and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with match, paid vacation, and more.
About Reach Out and Read:
Founded in 1989, Reach Out and Read gives young children a foundation for success by incorporating books into pediatric care and encouraging families to read aloud together. Reach Out and Read’s tens of thousands of trained pediatric providers use books as a diagnostic tool during regular check-ups and teach parents how to engage their child with a book to promote positive parent-child interactions during the rapid brain growth between birth and age five, particularly in economically disadvantaged families who are at risk for adverse outcomes. The daily practice of reading aloud with a parent supports children’s literacy and math skill development, their social-emotional development, and prepares them for future success in school. Through its national network of providers, Reach Out and Read is helping to set 4.7 million children a year on a path to a bright future, from birth.
Reach Out and Read is the only national early literacy intervention delivered through pediatric care providers. The program has been the subject of 23 independent studies, the largest body of scientific research for any psychosocial intervention in pediatrics. Research shows that children served by Reach Out and Read are read to more often, enjoy sharing books more, and have better expressive and receptive language skills.
Reach Out and Read strives to be an antiracist organization, using its influence to fight against social injustice by supporting a culture of learning, empowerment, and equity in our communities. We believe that changing the world begins with changing ourselves.
- Reach Out and Read program sites are located in more than 6,000 hospitals and health centers in all 50 states, Washington, D. C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Reach Out and Read serves more than 4.7 million children and their families annually.
- More than 7.2 million new, developmentally appropriate books are prescribed to children each year.
- More than 32,000 medical providers currently participate in Reach Out and Read
- 23 independent studies demonstrate that Reach Out and Read parents are two-and-a-half times more likely to read regularly to their children and, as a result, children’s language development is enhanced.
To learn more about Reach Out and Read, visit www.reachoutandread.org.
——————————EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER——————————
Reach Out and Read is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunity in employment. Members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Reach Out and Read is compliant with the American with Disabilities Act and we are committed to making special accommodations for your interview or work as a member of our team. If specific accommodations are needed, please notify (hr at reachoutandread org) and we will work to accommodate your needs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org