Website Proteus Fund
We connect philanthropy with the frontlines of social justice.
ABOUT PROTEUS FUND
Proteus Fund connects philanthropy to the frontlines of social justice. We strive to advance the interconnected goals of racial, gender, queer and disability justice, and an inclusive, fully representative democracy. To do our work effectively and with significant impact, Proteus Fund creates dynamic relationships between progressive philanthropists, movement leaders, and other allies that go far beyond transactional grantmaking. Our trusted position among funders and field actors enables us to support, both through collaborative grantmaking and other efforts, a broad array of strategies to achieve social justice victories. Our donor collaboratives are best-in-class models for bridging responsive philanthropy and cutting-edge social justice movements for deeper impact, aligning resources to address critical needs, and shaping strategy alongside our partners. Through our fiscal sponsorship program, Proteus Fund partners with initiatives which play a powerful role in the larger ecosystem for social change, providing them with tailored and comprehensive organizational support.
To date, Proteus Fund, and its affiliated 501c4 organization, the Proteus Action League, have distributed $280 million in grants, and provided other essential tools to support activists, advocates, networks, coalitions, and issue-specific campaigns at the local, state, and national level. Proteus Fund is headquartered in New York City, with staff based across the entire United States.
The Administrative Assistant directly supports Proteus Fund’s Manager of the Executive Office & Board Liaison and provides limited support to the Vice President of Programs. The Administrative Assistant provides general clerical support, triages emails and communications to the staff, and supports critical board and executive meeting deliverables and other administrative functions for the executive office, such as team scheduling and supporting projects and initiatives as they emerge. The Administrative Assistant manages the day-to-day administrative oversight of Proteus Fund’s office in NY.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) hybrid position for an individual located in New York. The position reports to the New York office at minimum three days a week. This position reports directly to the Manager of the Executive Office.
Proteus Fund welcomes everyone to our team. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of color, LGBTQIA+, women, gender nonconforming, and people with disabilities.
- Arrange meetings for the President and the VP of Programs and occasionally other executive team members.
- Craft and prepare meeting agendas for virtual and in-person meetings.
- Set up the conference room, schedule catering, and coordinate with IT for in-office events.
- Manage meeting and conference travel-related logistics as well as other support functions.
- Assist the Manager of the Executive Office & Board Liaison in preparing Board-related materials and responsibilities.
- Occasionally attend executive and Board-related meetings and take meeting notes.
- Manage President’s and VP of Programs’ calendars and scheduling.
- On occasion, support the COO in scheduling meetings and training.
- Support with billing processing and manage the inventory of office supplies and equipment.
- Maintain sensitive data and confidential material.
- Manage mailing, shipping, office supplies and equipment, and other administrative tasks to support Proteus Fund’s New York office.
- Work alongside the IT department to order office equipment.
- Serve as point of contact and maintain relationships with vendors, service providers, and building management.
- Manage some invoicing and bill processing for the executive office.
- Maintain Proteus Fund’s New York office and provide general support to office visitors.
The Administrative Assistant will have a bachelor’s degree and/or four years of professional experience, preferably in a relevant philanthropic or nonprofit setting. They have the passion and desire to support Proteus Fund’s administrative functions and the organization’s overall mission and values as a social justice organization. They have the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse and inclusive team.
Additional requirements and experience include:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain and manage confidential and sensitive data, materials, and records
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Some knowledge or experience using MailChimp a plus
Alignment to Culture and Values
- Commitment to the vision and mission of Proteus Fund as a progressive social justice organization
- Cultural responsiveness and an alignment with our values and commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Strong relationship building skills, high ethical standards, discretion, and tact
- Personal qualities of humility and empathy
The starting salary for this role is $52,760 to $63,840 and is based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, skill set level, years of previous/applicable experience, and Proteus Fund’s commitment to ensuring pay equity within the organization. The recruiting team will share more details regarding salary bands based on the candidate’s specific geographic location as well as the other factors noted above. Salary is one part of the total compensation that Proteus Fund provides to employees.
Proteus Fund is committed to ensuring that its employees are supported holistically, from compensation, benefits and resources to an enriching work environment and collaborative culture. Proteus Fund leads the market in a number of its offerings, including a sector-leading retirement plan contribution and robust benefits package. The recruiting team will share more information regarding this commitment and offerings.
- Medical and dental benefits for employee and eligible dependents available on first day of work
- Retirement savings account (401k) with an organization contribution of 10% of annual salary
- Three weeks’ paid vacation in first year of work; four weeks in subsequent years
- Fifteen sick days per year
- Three personal days per year
- Fifteen paid holidays
- Professional development initiatives for growth
- Life Insurance
- Paid Family Leave, short-term, and long-term disability
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume by June 2, 2023 to: https://proteus-fund-inc.checkwritersrecruit.com/job/602757/administrative-assistant.
A cover letter indicating your interest in Proteus Fund must be included. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Proteus Fund believes that one of the greatest strengths of an organization is the rich diversity of its staff and board and is committed to providing equal employment and promotional opportunities based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, ethnicity, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under the law. Proteus Fund’s policies and practices are to reflect Proteus Fund’s commitment to nondiscrimination in all areas of employment.
Proteus Fund is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Proteus will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 413-256-0349 option 3. Additionally, throughout this document, use of the pronoun “they” is intended to be inclusive of humans who identify as non-binary as well as those of gender expansive identities and experiences.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Please note, in an effort to maintain and safeguard staff’s health, well-being, and safety, Proteus Fund requires all employees to be vaccinated prior to their employment and adhere to the regular upkeep of COVID-19 vaccination requirements as per CDC recommendations while employed. Proof of the CDC-recommended level of COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment with Proteus Fund.
To apply for this job please visit proteus-fund-inc.checkwritersrecruit.com.