SALARY RANGE: $37,000-40,000 depending on experience
POSITION SUMMARY: The Office Manager role is a critical support to our mission. Under policy direction of the Executive Director, performs a wide range of administrative duties related to programs, database management, and general office support. The Office Manager is responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate personnel, mail, distribution and flow of correspondence. The Office Manager requires excellent communications and customer service skills. The position requires an extremely detail oriented person with significant knowledge of internal company processes and procedures. Responsible for upholding the mission and values of Project Transformation.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: This position requires daily, weekly and monthly responsibilities that must be completed in a timely manner.
• Provides general administrative support to the Executive Director, Program Team, and Development and Advocacy Team.
• Understand priorities and accordingly schedule, maintain, and coordinate calendar or appointments, meetings and related arrangements. Anticipate needs.
• Assist senior leadership in preparing for board and advisory council meetings. Take minutes at meetings.
• Independently manage and coordinate multiple assigned projects, activities, dates, resources, and dependencies according to priorities and deadlines.
• Answer telephones and direct calls to appropriate associate. Reply to general information requests with accurate information. Greet and direct visitors to the organization. Take and retrieve messages for various personnel.
• Serve as a liaison internally and externally regarding administrative issues; manage relationships with vendors. Facilitate and troubleshoot problems with all service issues.
• Update and maintain all database records as required. Run criminal background checks.
• Draft effective communications for internal and external purposes.
• Plan and prepare for internal events, such as birthday celebrations.
• Order office supplies and oversee related budget. Lead upkeep of shared office space.
• Assist in the preparation of reports.
• Receive, sort and forward incoming and outgoing mail. Forward voicemail from the general mailbox to the appropriate staff member.
• All other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS: This position requires at least the following minimum requirements:
• Must have a GED or High School diploma. This position requires at least 1 year of specialized office experience.
• Bilingual-Spanish/English abilities are a plus. At minimum, must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to work with others to resolve issues and maintain composure in an environment of changing priorities.
• Must have excellent organizational and detail orientated abilities. Must be able to work well under pressure.
• Must have excellent computer skills including Excel, Microsoft, QuickBooks, Word, Outlook, database management and record keeping. Previous experience with Salesforce a plus.
• Must be able to adhere to all company policies and procedures. Must be able to work on a timetable, follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
• Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
• Must be able to create a nurturing, supportive work environment for interns, volunteers, children, and staff. Must have positive demeanor. Poised and comfortable in relating to a variety of people in multiple settings. Excellent interpersonal and
communication skills. Must be able to accept all diverse background including sexual orientation, race, religion, and disability.
Project Transformation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to having traditionally marginalized, underrepresented voices at the center of our work. We welcome all individuals to apply and are eager to expand our organization to reflect the diversity of our community.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an office environment. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. The person in this position frequently communicates with the public and other co-workers on business related questions. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. Employee must occasionally lift or move office supplies or other items weighing up to 25 pounds.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND PROCEDURE: To express interest in the position, please send your resume along with a cover letter to Courtney Lawson, Executive Director, email@example.com. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org