Website Progressive Pipeline
We're building the next generation of progressive leaders
Who We Are
Progressive Pipeline partners with nonprofits and consultants to recruit, support, and retain underrepresented staff. Through our core fellowship program, we recruit underrepresented students and place them in paid internships at social change groups. Then, we offer them the training, mentorship, and connections they need to become tomorrow’s leaders. Since we launched in 2020, we’ve deployed more than 300 fellows: 76% are people of color and 73% are women or non-binary. Our partners include groups like the SEIU, BerlinRosen, Run for Something, Accountable.US, SKDK, Catalist, Action Network, and Change Research.
What You’ll Do
You’ll be responsible for recruiting, placing, and supporting our fellows as they launch their careers in progressive politics. Working closely with the rest of the Progressive Pipeline team and our hiring partners, you’ll:
- Recruit a diverse pool of applicants. As the driving force for our fellowship recruitment efforts, you’ll build and maintain relationships with our network of campus contacts, develop promotional materials to engage potential applicants, and help to expand our reach at colleges and universities across the country.
- Match candidates to our partner organizations. Once students apply, you’ll support them through their candidate journey, answering questions and moving them through a standardized, equitable screening process. You’ll manage our candidate database using Airtable and identify especially promising applicants to send to partners for interviews.
- Support fellows and alumni as they launch their careers. You’ll take the lead on onboarding fellows and coordinate community building and training sessions. Working with our team of coaches, you’ll help fellows to make the most of their internships and to navigate the job hunt.
- Evaluate and improve the fellowship experience. We’re a small, growing organization, and you’ll be a core part of refining and developing the fellowship program, ensuring that our matching process and programming set the fellows up for long-term career success. You’ll gather feedback from fellows and alumni and new resources to support their professional growth.
Who You Are
- An organizer at heart. You’re eager to build relationships with prospective fellowship applicants, fellows, alumni, and partners who can help us reach a broader pool of candidates. You aren’t afraid to be persistent (you love a “just following up” email!) and you can develop creative approaches to move others to action.
- An excellent written communicator. You can draft emails, blurbs, social media posts, and marketing materials that are clear and engaging. Your writing is friendly, polished, and accessible to potential applicants. You can adopt Progressive Pipeline’s tone without losing your own voice and adjust your approach to fit a range of audiences.
- An adept project manager. You can juggle multiple, competing priorities and manage complex, often abstract, processes. You stay meticulously organized, even in the face of deadlines and unexpected hurdles. You can develop detailed project plans and adapt to evolving circumstances without sacrificing the integrity of established processes.
- An advocate for social justice and racial equity. You understand the role that identities play in the workplace, and particularly the systemic barriers that underrepresented staff face as they enter the workforce. You’re willing to take bold, innovative action to hold yourself and others accountable to shared values. You’ve taken action to build inclusive and equitable work environments in the past. You’re open to learning, and center equity in everything you do.
While we’re open to a range of backgrounds and experiences, we imagine that a successful candidate will have 1-2 years of professional experience working to advance progressive causes or support students from underrepresented backgrounds.
Compensation and Mechanics
This is a full-time, exempt position with a salary range of $50,000 – $60,000 per year, depending on experience.
We offer excellent benefits, including 100% employer-paid Aetna health, dental, and vision insurance, access to One Medical, long-term disability insurance, unlimited paid time off, and a 3% SIMPLE IRA match. We are a fully remote organization, and candidates are welcome to work from anywhere within the United States.
Progressive Pipeline Fellowship is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re committed to building a work environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, family responsibilities, personal appearance, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will make reasonable accommodations to ensure that people with disabilities are able to participate in our hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.