Website Prime Coalition
Location: Virtual (PST, CST, MST, or EST time zones preferred)
Type: Temporary Position
Apply for this position here.
About Early Climate Infrastructure
The Early Climate Infrastructure (ECI) program at Prime seeks to unlock barriers to scale climate solutions faster, galvanizing the global elimination of greenhouse gas emissions. ECI will do this by investing catalytic capital into climate solution commercialization projects that are promising but cannot or will not receive traditional financing, and by curating, funding, and actively managing specific grant-funded systems innovation work in support of scaling those solutions. “Early Climate Infrastructure” is initially defined as solutions for mitigating climate change that are ready for initial commercialization activity, or that are fully commercial but need additional support to move to massive scale. The ECI program and team is currently in early startup mode and seeks mission-aligned individuals to support our work this summer to define and execute the set of interventions ECI will make.
About the Job
ECI Interns will primarily be responsible for assisting ECI staff in conducting research and analysis to develop our pipeline of potential interventions. Potential projects could include deep dives to define the landscape for a potential intervention (e.g., innovative approaches and barriers to scale), assisting with due diligence for potential ECI investments, and analysis of the potential GHG, equity, and ancillary impacts of an intervention. Each intern will take responsibility for at least one major project during their tenure, while also supporting ECI Staff on near-term tasks as needed. Prime embraces the differences between people of varied races, ethnicities, genders, ages, religions, and sexual orientations. We also acknowledge the value that different life experiences bring to our organization as a workplace, and to our ability to understand and advance our mission. Prime is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage all applicants who share our values to apply.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
(1) Conduct research and analysis work in support of the ECI staff to construct the ECI design phase portfolio
- Supporting ECI research work: conducting research on target areas of interest for ECI, including climate solution spaces, barriers to scale for those climate solutions, and possible actions ECI could take to accelerate solution scaling
- Working with ECI Staff and Prime’s Impact team to quantify the impact potential for GHG reduction and other impacts of potential ECI interventions
- Supporting due diligence research for potential ECI investments
(2) Centering equity and supporting a strong culture within ECI and Prime
- With the ECI staff and all Prime staff, centering practices to ensure equity in ECI’s activities in addition to centering equity as a core element of program outcomes
- Promoting a culture within Prime of accountability, strong integrity, high performance, meaningful collaboration, and continuous improvement
Education & Experience
- Enrolled in a graduate program in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) field or other relevant climate discipline preferred; exceptional undergraduate candidates may be considered
- Knowledge of climate innovation and/or climate-relevant systems (technology, markets, finance, policy, and community needs) through coursework or work experience
- Orientation toward systems thinking
- Coursework or interest in finance is a plus
Core Skills & Characteristics
- Intrinsic, driving motivation to address climate change
- Relentless research focus – ability get to the bottom of a research question quickly
- Readiness to challenge the status quo and think creatively toward the implementation of solutions
- High degree of emotional intelligence
- Able to work independently and navigate ambiguity
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and methodical, with strong time management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A commitment to Prime’s mission and values
- Assertive ally for racial equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Collaborative with a sense of humility
- Self-motivation and flexibility
- Willingness to be a productive member of a team, respecting differences while working toward shared goals
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Research shows that men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Yet, women and other people who are systematically marginalized tend to only apply if they meet every requirement. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply. We are dedicated to considering a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you’re new to the field, returning to work after a gap in employment, simply looking to transition, or taking the next step in your career path, we will be glad to have you on our radar. Please use your cover letter to tell us about your interest and what you hope to bring to this role.
NOTE: Prime does not negotiate on salary. Salary will be set based on experience level.
To apply for this job please visit mkkbvoc6ymy.typeform.com.