Website Planned Parenthood North Central States
POSITION PROFILE: Chief Experience Officer- Planned Parenthood North Central States
kpCompanies is leading the search for the next Chief Experience Officer of Planned Parenthood North Central States (PPNCS). This individual is responsible for developing and leading a team of People, Culture & Equity professionals in the areas of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging, Human Resources, Volunteer Services, Learning & Impact to produce exceptional employee, participant, and patient experience results. Reporting to the CEO, the CXO guides cultural transformation, cultivating an inclusive and engaging work environment that attracts, develops, and retains top-level talent. A collaborative partner to other PPNCS Executives, the CXO directly contributes to organizational excellence within various units/departments, developing a well-defined company culture, and is the agency’s culture advocate.
THE ORGANIZATION: PLANNED PARENTHOOD NORTH CENTRAL STATES
Planned Parenthood North Central States and its subsidiary organizations provide, promote, and protect reproductive and sexual health through high quality care, education and advocacy. A member of America’s most trusted reproductive health care provider, the affiliate is proud to support and operate 26 health centers across their five-state region (Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota). Each year, PPNCS provides health care to nearly 100,000 people and health education to more than 55,000 people in the region.
POSITION: CHIEF EXPERIENCE OFFICER
This position will evaluate the current state and the optimized future state and work to develop and execute a comprehensive, people-centered strategic plan that will ensure that PPNCS is ready to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future. They will provide transformative and connective leadership and direction for our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Human Resources, and Learning & Impact work while ensuring our continued development as a highly effective organization. The position will be focused on fostering a culture of continuous learning and growth, supporting an integrated team of highly engaged employees, and ensuring PPNCS is a great place to work.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates a commitment to intersectional equity, focusing on race, ethnicity, gender identity, disability, LGBTQ+, and immigration status.
- Commitment to exceptional care and services with a heightened awareness of responsiveness to racially, ethnically, and culturally diverse populations.
- Desire and a demonstrated commitment to lead and participate in anti-racism and equity work that improves the quality of patient care and employee experiences, along with the commitment and fortitude to drive and advance change in these areas.
- Conducts ongoing review of existing care experience, person-centered care and engagement initiatives, programs, policies, and procedures to identify barriers to success, gaps or discrepancies and opportunities for improvement; recommends workable strategies, solutions, and revisions to translate service excellence concepts into actionable behaviors.
- Serves as a principal advisor and key resource on all patient and employee experience matters and provides consultation and coaching on evidence-based practices.
- Collects and analyses care experience information, including maintenance of care experience dashboards and running reports and using surveys and analytics to deliver on initiatives and monitor care experience metrics.
- Manages and mentors a culturally diverse team; creates and sustains an organizational culture that fosters inclusiveness and equity.
- Partners with a diverse team to develop and implement the PPNC Equity Strategic Action Plan.
- Serves on the Executive Team and keeps leaders and the board apprised of key performance indicators and strategies related to People, Culture and Equity initiatives.
- Oversees the development of training programs and provides orientation, training, and guidance to staff; routinely assesses staff learning needs, identifying gaps and evaluating the quality and effectiveness of the programs; serves as a change agent and invests in the growth and development of staff.
- Engages as a collaborative partner in the PPNCS strategic planning process.
- Develops and implements effective departmental structures, policies and procedures.
- Oversees annual budget.
- Leads team members using a performance support process that includes goal setting, routine feedback, and ongoing development.
- Empower staff to deliver assigned responsibilities and manage their functions.
- Continuously maintains professional growth and learning by attending conferences, seminars, etc.
- In collaboration with the communications team, identify priorities for internal staff-related communications.
People, Culture & Equity (PCE) Operations
- Designs PCE strategy with the goal of creating a highly differentiated employee experience that recruits and retains top talent.
- Defines a clear vision and strategy for employee experience.
Analyzes employee experience-related data, then designs/recommends interventions for closing any identified gaps.
- Determines the annual work plan, financial plan, and related goals and targets for the People & Culture department and efficiently manages the unit to achieve its outlined goals.
- Advises and supports leadership in approaching org-wide changes in a manner that engages employees and achieves desired results most effectively and efficiently.
- Guides development of equitable staff and board policies; provides leadership for identifying opportunities for change through internal policies and procedures and advises on possible mechanisms to effect change.
- Serves as a consultant and coach for executive leaders and provides counsel related to issues and opportunities as desired.
- Partners effectively with PPNCS legal counsel as needed.
- Provide strategic leadership and accountability for resolving employee relations concerns, ensuring we exercise our In This Together culture and meet all legal, compliance, and regulatory requirements.
- Remains proficient in various employment laws and regulations at both the state and federal levels, including, but not limited to, Civil Rights Act, COBRA, FMLA, USERRA, FLSA, FRCA, IRCA and other legislation as it applies to employment.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains knowledge of other HR-related topics including, but not limited to EEO compliance, recordkeeping requirements, proper investigative procedures, management practices, etc.; participates in training and reviews documentation to keep current on HR-related topics and system and product enhancements and changes.
- Partners closely with PCE Team to design and deliver team dynamics support/interventions as needed.
The above duties and responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, and this job description can be amended anytime.
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational effectiveness, development, human resources administration or similar field or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of ten years of experience with employee-centered work (i.e. HR, learning and development, workplace culture, employee experience, DEI, etc.)
- Minimum of five years of experience leading team(s) performing employee-centered work.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and applicant tracking systems
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to achieve objectives in collaboration with other functional areas
- Demonstrated commitment to Planned Parenthood’s mission, vision and values
- Collaboratively craft and clearly articulate a strategic vision.
- Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big-picture orientation.
- Be an engaged listener who can build consensus both within and outside the organization.
- Gather information, identify links and trends and apply findings to assignments.
- Inspire enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Interpret and apply organizational policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Work concurrently under pressure on multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Handle stressful situations and provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Master’s Degree in Organizational Development/Effectiveness or similar field
- Experience and proven results in leading employee experience improvement initiatives in a non-profit setting
- Commitment to advancing race (+) equity in one’s work: interest in expanding knowledge about racial inequity’s role in our society.
- Awareness of multiple group identities and their dynamics, brings a high level of self-awareness about personal identity, empathy, and humility to interpersonal interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and directly and hear and act on feedback related to identity and equity.
- Strong sense of accountability to diversity, equity, and inclusion principles and practices.
- Understand the impact of identity dynamics on organizational culture.
- Commitment to Planned Parenthood’s In This Together service ethos, workplace values, and service standards.
VP of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, VP of Human Resources, VP CEE, VP of Employee Experience.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to operate a computer and frequently initiate and reply to written and verbal communications. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The person in this position occasionally needs to move around the office space to access files and office machinery.
Equity & Salary Disclosure
We believe in practices that create real equity and pay parity regardless of background or identity. We freely discuss compensation with all qualified candidates the first time we interview them. Saving the salary discussion for the first conversation allows us to understand the needs of each candidate fully and to ensure that qualified candidates, even those who’ve historically been overlooked and/or underpaid, don’t self-select out of the processes based on salary alone, as our experience and research suggest. In addition to those who opt out because they fear the salary may be out of reach for them, we equally don’t want to miss out on conversations with candidates who are slightly over the range when in some cases, the total compensation, including factors such as bonuses, flexibility, and better health benefits, etc. may exceed expectations. Finally, as a search firm, we always seek top-notch talent to introduce to our clients. Should the salary or any other requirement not be a fit, there is often a chance that someone on our team is working on another position you may be a better fit for. If you would like to discuss your qualifications for this role and salary and compensation, call us, and we’d be happy to discuss.
To apply for this job please visit recruitcrm.io.