Website Ownership Works
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “YNPN – Last Name, First Name – Special Assistant.” Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Due to response volume, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
About Ownership Works
Ownership Works is a fast-growing organization with a mission to increase prosperity through shared ownership at work. We partner with companies and investors to implement innovative shared ownership programs that make every employee an owner and honor the collective effort behind a company’s success.
Ownership Works was founded in 2021 to scale shared ownership as a pathway to maximizing shared wealth creation, addressing economic insecurity, and strengthening companies. Our partners manage over one trillion dollars in assets and employ over one million people globally.
Ownership Works is building a team of outstanding leaders and professionals to guide investors and companies through the process of sharing ownership and to evaluate the impact of these programs.
The Ownership Works organization and team members are:
- Results-oriented with a culture of humility and excellence
- Pragmatic optimists who enjoy translating “big ideas” into actionable plans and results
- Strategic, curious, diverse, and accountable
- Incredibly fast moving as we build and grow the organization
About the Position
With nearly $50 million raised since our founding in August 2021 and an incredible opportunity to capitalize on the momentum from our public launch in April 2022, Ownership Works is seeking to recruit an extraordinary and high potential Special Assistant to the Executive Director (“ED”), who leads the organization.
As the ED leads our organization, the Special Assistant will have the critical role of assisting the ED with a wide range of tasks and projects that support the ED’s and the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness. The Special Assistant will be central to the activities that support the ED and will serve as a key ambassador for the ED and the organization. This person should be a strong individual contributor with high personal standards for excellence, timeliness and professionalism and someone who enjoys working both independently and collaboratively.
This is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring nonprofit or mission-driven start-up leader who wants to learn the ins and outs of building and running a high-impact nonprofit or startup organization. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated passion for economic justice, a mission-first mindset, low ego, excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong project management skills, and excellent judgment.
- Support ED with optimizing schedules and other administrative tasks
- Schedule meetings for and on behalf of the ED
- Brief ED on upcoming week and meetings; resolve calendar conflicts; help ED optimize calendar to balance internal and external meetings, as well as focus blocks
- Identify key deadlines/milestones and flag items for follow up
- Book travel and coordinate travel logistics, including travel to and from local meetings
- Help prepare and process expense reports, vendor invoicing paperwork, and purchase requisitions, including monthly expense reconciliation and on-demand expense reports, when needed
- Help monitor and manage ED’s email and LinkedIn accounts
- Assist with ED’s office set up and optimization, including coordinating with IT to implement new technology and hardware, filing, etc.
- Assist ED with special projects
- Special projects will span several areas, including:
- Annual and quarterly planning – Assist ED with coordinating and documenting the planning process across multiple teams (e.g., operations, business engagement, marketing, fundraising, etc.) and with managing and communicating annual/quarterly plan timelines/deadlines and updates
- Organizational culture – Support the ED and other leaders with coordinating committees on organizational values, norms, rituals, operating principles, etc. and integrating these aspects of organizational culture into the day-to-day operations of the organization
- Board meetings – Assist the ED with Board meeting planning and preparation, including preparing agendas and other meeting materials
- Donor and Partner relationship management – Support the ED with organizing and executing donor and partner communications and cultivation action items
- Create project plans in Excel and project management apps
- Create PowerPoint presentations and draft memos
- Create and document processes and procedures as requested
- Track and update project timelines and statuses to completion
- Special projects will span several areas, including:
- Support ED with internal and external meetings and presentations
- Prepare the ED for internal and external meetings, i.e., conduct research, prepare documents, and manage meeting logistics, e.g., booking conference rooms, ordering food/refreshments, ensuring AV equipment is appropriate for meeting format, etc.
- Help prepare ED for public speaking engagements – research and draft talking points and answers to presenter questions
- Prepare agendas and take minutes for weekly staff meetings and Board meetings
- Assist other team members with tasks and projects at the request of the ED
- Bachelor’s degree; 3.0 GPA or above
- At least 1 year of work experience at a high-performing, fast-paced organization
- Proficient in Outlook, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
- Skilled in using Excel to create basic financial spreadsheets and basic project management spreadsheets
- Strong proficiency with Virtual meeting platforms: Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- Comfortable navigating web-based applications and learning new apps and programs
Skills & Qualities
- Passion for ESG, social justice, economic justice, and employee ownership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills: ability to organize and execute multiple projects and track numerous details on an autonomous, proactive, and timely basis
- Ability to work at a face pace and manage multiple and changing priorities while maintaining a flexible, positive, and professional attitude
- Exceptionally detail oriented, precise, and organized
- Self-starter with initiative, follow through, and the ability to think ahead, anticipate needs, and problem solve independently or escalate with discretion
- Highly collaborative team player who is flexible, adaptable and has high capacity for growth; ability to shift from administrative tasks to more strategic projects; must have a “no task too big or too small” attitude
- High level of professionalism and decorum; excellent judgment, discretion, and ability to maintain confidentiality
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ownership Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, religion, or sexual orientation.
Base Salary Compensation Range
The compensation available for the role considers a variety of factors including, but not limited to work location, individual skill set, previous/applicable experience, and other business needs. The estimated salary range for individuals who work in New York City is $75,000 – $90,000 per annum plus bonus.
Excellent health, vision, and dental care benefits for you and your family. Unlimited paid time off with manager approval. Ownership Works offers a 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer contributions.
Ownership Works is building a New York City-based team. We will have an office-centric hybrid work model that prioritizes the health and safety of our staff and partners. The role will include some travel to client sites.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com