Website Ownership Works
About Ownership Works
Ownership Works is a fast-growing organization with a mission to increase prosperity through shared ownership at work. We partner with companies and investors to implement innovative shared ownership programs that make every employee an owner and honor the collective effort behind a company’s success.
Ownership Works was founded in 2021 to scale shared ownership as a pathway to maximizing shared wealth creation, addressing economic insecurity, and strengthening companies. Our partners manage over one trillion dollars in assets and employ over one million people.
Ownership Works is building a team of outstanding leaders and professionals to guide investors and companies through the process of sharing ownership and to evaluate the impact of these programs.
About the Business Engagement Team
The Business Engagement team provides best-in-class advisory services to top management teams at companies and private equity firms on strategy and execution of shared ownership programs. This includes helping companies to structure and implement optimal broad-based equity plans, develop a robust engagement and ownership culture, and increase employees’ financial wellbeing.
Ownership Works partners with some of the nation’s largest private equity, financial services, consulting, and law firms, and is also supported by premier foundations. In 2023, the organization will work with over 20 private equity firms to support the implementation of shared ownership programs at over 60 portfolio companies. The organization also supports public companies and family-owned businesses.
Ownership Works as an organization and the individual team members are:
- Results-oriented with a culture of humility and excellence
- Pragmatic optimists who enjoy translating “big ideas” into actionable plans and results
- Strategic, curious, diverse, and accountable
- Incredibly fast moving as we build and grow the organization
About the Position
With nearly $50 million raised since our founding in August 2021, and an incredible opportunity to capitalize on the momentum from our public launch in April 2022, we are seeking to recruit an extraordinary and high potential Director, Business Engagement.
The Director will be a critical leader on the Business Engagement team. The Director will report to the Executive Director and work collaboratively with peers that direct the team’s shared ownership subject-matter verticals: (1) Structuring and Implementation of broad-based equity grants; (2) developing a Culture of Ownership and High Engagement; and (3) increasing employees’ Financial Resilience and Inclusion through programs such as financial coaching and advising, on-demand pay, emergency funds, and no cost/lost cost banking.
This position is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter who wants to leverage their skills, experience, and track record to make a difference in the lives of thousands (and potentially millions) of hard-working people. The successful candidate will have a passion for employee ownership and financial inclusion, low ego, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a track record of success in leading and managing client engagements and teams.
Strategy, Planning, Staffing
- Work closely with the Executive Director and peer Directors to develop strategy, objectives, and KPIs that advance Ownership Works’ short-term, mid-term, and long-term goals
- Build and manage an exceptional team to execute on strategy
Business Development & Engagement
- Develop and execute client pipeline development strategies, from marketing to networking to strategic partnerships to ESG integration (e.g., establishing shared ownership as ESG metric for investors, etc.)
- Develop client engagement processes with peer Directors to seamlessly guide companies through each phase of implementing a shared ownership program
- Build, support, and train Business Engagement Team Principals and Managers that will serve as the primary relationship and project managers for OW’s investor and company partners that are implementing shared ownership programs
- Collaborate with the Data & Research Team to ensure that the organization is capturing and communicating impact and insights
Partnerships & Outreach
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships with a consortium of private equity firms and asset managers
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships with a growing network of professional services providers, including top-tier law, consulting, and accounting firms
- Collaborate with colleagues to convene partners to share best practices and lessons learned via online and in-person gatherings ranging from meetings to workshops to conferences
- Raise awareness and understanding of shared ownership through educational forums, presentations, etc.
Systems & Resources
- Develop project and relationship management infrastructure, processes, and systems
- Collaborate with peer directors to refine and build internal and external facing content library, including a comprehensive shared ownership program implementation roadmap and toolkit
- Develop materials to market our services and educate our partners and clients on the social and business benefits of shared ownership programs
- MBA or other graduate degree strongly preferred
- Passion for employee ownership and the mission of Ownership Works
- 10+ years of management consulting, investment banking or investment experience
- 5+ years of management/leadership experience
Skills & Qualities
- Driven and hardworking self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset; comfortable in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Track record of building a book of business and strong partnerships; excellent relationship management skills
- Exceptional leader with a passion for empowering team members to succeed through clear goals, strong systems, and accountability
- Excellent manager and developer of teams; the type of leader that high potential, high performing junior colleagues are delighted to work with and learn from
- Passion for being part of building an organization and outcomes that are bigger than themselves; selfless to bring their abilities and heart to a mission that seeks to change the employee-employer and company-stakeholder paradigms by helping companies engage and value their workforce in a positive and transformative way
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills; highly responsive
- Proven project management, time management, and multi-tasking abilities while maintaining excellent attention to detail
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ownership Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQIA persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Base Salary Compensation Range
The compensation available for the role considers a variety of factors including, but not limited to, work location, individual skill set, previous/applicable experience, and other business needs. The estimated salary range for individuals who work in New York City is $225,000 – $275,000.00 per annum plus bonus.
Excellent health, vision, and dental care benefits for you and your family. Unlimited paid time off with manager approval. 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer contributions.
Ownership Works is building a New York City based team. We will have an office-centric hybrid work model that prioritizes the health and safety of our staff and partners. The role will include some travel to client sites
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org