Associate Director of Corporate Support
Application instructions for this and all current OPB employment opportunities are available at OPB’s careers page.
OPB is a leader in public media, serving diverse communities of the Northwest with fact-based, in-depth news and information about politics, the environment, science, arts, history, and cultures; business, education and more. Powered by the generous support of members, OPB seeks out a variety of voices in our communities and lifts up authentic stories of the people, places, events and issues of the region, providing context and a deeper understanding. OPB’s independent journalism and programs are available at opb.org, on OPB Radio and OPB TV. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook.
We’re seeking an Associate Director to join OPB’s corporate support team! This position will provide support and leadership to our 5 skilled Corporate Account Executives (CAEs) who are part of a larger team of 11. Our current Associate Director (retiring in early 2023) has been a thought partner and a mentor to the team and we are looking for a stellar candidate to continue to inspire our already highly motivated team. You’ll work to remove roadblocks, and empower your team to reach their sales goals.
Given the nature of this position, a high level of self-awareness, coupled with strong interpersonal skills is highly desired. Our team is looking for an effective communicator who easily builds rapport, enjoys working in a highly collaborative sales environment. If this sounds like you, come join us!
The Associate Director of Corporate Support manages the Corporate Account Executives. This position is responsible for fostering the Corporate Account Executives’ achievement of their annual revenue goals, managing required department reports, and for working with the Director on strategy and day-to-day operations.
40% – Manage and motivate the Corporate Account Executives, to include:
· Report projected renewal and new revenue monthly
· Provide quarterly radio average unit rate reports to Account Executives (CAEs)
· Review and distribute monthly commission reports from Finance; provide Finance with confirmation when “ok to pay”
· Coach and accompany on account and prospect calls
· Work in conjunction to foster strong and mutually beneficial working relationships between individual sponsors and OPB
· Create and foster positive team environment
· Identify and target viable sales opportunities
· Identify problems, challenges and solutions to result in successfully achieving department goals
· Provide ongoing training and coaching on copy and department functions and procedures
· Provide Director with AEs’ renewal projections for the next year’s budgeting
35% – Manage day to day operations, including:
· Track UBIT digital ads for bi-annual report for Finance
· Monitor past due accounts for Finance
· Manage/document/reconcile billing adjustments for Finance
· Approve make good spots or digital ads
· Generate Marketron reports for AE’s as needed
· Coordinate misc. credit report approvals and/or misc. sponsor requests
· Update Salesforce contract templates
· Respond to NPM inquiries and call-in’s
· Help oversee approval of all sponsorship creative
· Work with Director on all aspects of budgeting
15% – In collaboration with Market Research Analyst and Director, develop department strategy for sales materials, rate management, presentations, and sponsorship options.
5% – Serve as back-up for:
Podcast ad scheduling
TV spot production process & BTA scheduling
Respond to sponsors’ needs due to AE illness or extended leave
Check and process contracts & sales orders for filing on shared server with Finance
Director duties as needed
5% – Other activities as required to be an active, valuable member of the Development Department (such as assist with department events and activities).
Extended use of a computer and phone. Remote working environment. The Corporate Support team will work from home indefinitely, with a heavy reliance on virtual meetings. This position may require flexible working hours to respond to client needs. In the future, this position may also require frequent regional travel to attend: in-person staff meetings, in-person prospect and client meetings, and in-person events.
· Five years successful sales or equivalent experience, including writing, developing and making presentations, closing sales/gifts, building relationships and growing accounts over time
· Ability to effectively supervise, train and motivate staff, with self-awareness and intuition to adapt communication and coaching style to best support the sales team
· Ability to maintain a positive attitude and demeanor
· Effective, professional and intuitive communication skills in written correspondence, presentations to individuals and groups, and in interactions with colleagues and external partners
· Prioritization of listening to understand
· Strong computer skills, including experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and a CRM, interest in learning technology solutions to improve efficiency.
· Proactive and diplomatic, oriented to problem solving, teamwork, systematic thinking and constant pursuit of improvement
· Adaptable and flexible to demands of workflow and nature of projects
· Ability to self-direct and balance multiple priorities with speed and accuracy
· Ability to project a professional demeanor and perform activities in a manner that benefits OPB, KMHD and the community we serve
· Access to transportation to meetings and events as needed
· Genuine enthusiasm for the services and mission of OPB
· One year staff supervisory experience
· Formal sales training
· Experience working with budgets
· Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or marketing or another related field
· Experience in a media organization
· This position reports to the Director of Corporate Support and is benefits eligible
· The probable hiring range for this exempt position is between $80,000 – $90,000 annually, depending on qualifications
· For the safety of our employees, the contractors/vendors we work with, and the public we serve, OPB has a mandatory COVID vaccination policy and all employees are required to show proof of vaccination.
How to Apply
For application instructions, please visit OPB’s careers page. You will be asked to create an account, upload your cover letter and resume and answer a few position related questions. Once you click “submit” you cannot make changes to your application.
Your application materials are due by 8:59 PM Pacific Time on January 13, 2023.
OPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com