Website Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission
Job Opportunity – YouthBuild AmeriCorps Coordinator with Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission in Covington, KY
Are you a hands-on motivator looking for an opportunity to make an impact? Do you have a passion for helping young people succeed? If yes, we have a great opportunity for you!
Annual Salary starting at $35,000 plus comprehensive Benefits package
As the YouthBuild AmeriCorps Coordinator, you will identify, plan, coordinate and supervise volunteer and employment activities for our YouthBuild participants. Northern Kentucky CAC’s YouthBuild of Northern Kentucky (YBNKY) program works with young adults between the ages of 16 and 24 to create a place where they can complete their secondary education, prepare for post-secondary education, and gain valuable life and career skills. While enrolled with the program, participants are encouraged to grow and develop to their full potential and to find their true value. They earn their High School Diploma or G.E.D., and complete Construction Skills training and Customer Service Excellence Training, both leading to industry-recognized credentials, and offering excellent employment options and opportunities. They are presented with opportunities to complete job shadowing, site visits, work experience, internships, and college visits.
The ideal candidate will be a high-energy self-starter with the ability to work seamlessly with team members, local schools, businesses, and social organizations. Other requirements of this position include:
- Develops, promotes, and maintains a wide range of AmeriCorps volunteer and employment opportunities for participants.
- Leads volunteer and employment-based activities and programs.
- Oversees group volunteer and employment activities, outings, and projects.
- Tracks participant hours and maintains proper records and documentation, meeting all grant timelines.
- Enters participant data into online grant portal.
- Assures compliance with all program and grant requirements.
- Completes participant evaluations.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative and effective working relationships with community partners, participants, and staff.
- Builds strong mentor-like relationships with program youth. Inspiring them to volunteer in their community and succeed in the YouthBuild
- AmeriCorps Program.
- Maintains relationships with local schools, businesses, and social organizations to establish an active network of volunteer opportunities and community resources.
- Surveys non-profit organizations regularly to assess needs for volunteer assistance.
- Communicates promptly with parents and staff regarding issues of youth’s welfare.
- Transports passengers safely in agency vehicle. Performs pre/post trip vehicle inspections.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required.
- Driver’s license, proof of current insurance, and reliable transportation required.
- No record of child abuse.
- Ability to work with people of diverse and varying socio-economic backgrounds.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Prior training and/or experience working with disadvantaged and at-risk youth preferred.
- Prior construction experience a plus.
- Strong commitments to helping young people succeed in reorienting their lives and building their leadership skills enthusiastically and encouragingly.
- Good record-keeping and computer skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. up to 25% of the time
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time up to 90% of the time.
To learn more about us, please visit our website:
*NKCAC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We strongly encourage people of Color, people with disabilities, women, bilingual people, and former or current recipients of public assistance to apply for available positions.
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to working together for the members of our community? Apply online at https://grnh.se/c98c44bc3us or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be a part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.