Website Nomi Network
Our vision is a world without slavery where every woman can know
About Nomi Network: Nomi Network’s mission is to end human trafficking by creating pathways to safe employment, and empowering women and girls to break cycles of slavery in their families and communities.
Our Youth Workforce Development Program will serve youth who are either survivors of or highly vulnerable to commercial sexual exploitation by providing workforce training, work exposure, mentorship, and case management to help youth build a career plan and achieve their goals.
Position Description: The Program Assistant is responsible for supporting the Dallas Program team to help them stay organized and complete administrative goals and tasks effectively. This department works with survivors or those at risk for exploitation by providing workforce training, work exposure, mentorship, and case management to help girls build career plans and achieve their goals.
Location: Dallas office; 1722 Routh St, Ste 900, Dallas, TX 75201
Position status: Full-time, non-exempt
Reports to: Dallas Program Manager
Schedule: M-F, 40 hours/wk
• Schedule meetings, office space, and appointments as requested
• Purchase, organize, and manage office supplies
• Assist with programming-related needs, such as purchasing, setting up snacks, and answering the office phone.
• Support team meetings by ensuring agenda collaboration, taking notes, and ordering food upon request
• Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports, and other correspondence
• Assist with program events under the direction of the Program Coordinator
• Conduct research and summarize results upon request
• Write thank you notes and send thank you gifts to stakeholders upon request
• Maintain client relationships by sending out Case Management letters, client work, and birthday cards/gifts.
• Retrieve information as requested from records, email, minutes, and other related documents; prepares written summaries of data when needed
• Maintain a filing system, both electronic and physical
• Assist with tracking spending/receipts and other budget-related items as requested
• Ensure visitor satisfaction by attending to their needs and validating their parking
• General upkeep of the office
• Other duties as assigned
• Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
• Service: Demonstrating a strong commitment to meeting the needs of co-workers, managers, and clients, striving to ensure their full satisfaction.
• Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Problem-solving: Resolving or addressing issues before they need to be escalated; able to solve problems by analyzing situations and applying critical thinking. Defining issues, problems, and opportunities, generating different courses of action, evaluating the constraints and risks, and selecting the viable option to address the identified problems and/or opportunities.
• Initiating action: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
• Managing conflict: Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
• Attention to Detail: Thoroughly accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitoring and checking work or information for accuracy.
• Planning and organizing: Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Associates degree
• Previous administrative or similar experience
• Proven ability to learn new software technologies
• Proven ability to edit and produce professional, aesthetically appropriate written content on a regular basis
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• The position functions in a normal office environment that requires the ability to successfully interface with standard office equipment such as computers, printers, copiers, and telephones.
• Sitting, standing, walking, and occasionally climbing stairs are typical activities in this role
• Talking (expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word) and hearing (perceiving the nature of sounds) are required
• Clarity of vision (i.e., working with small objects or reading small print) is required
• The ability to lift objects up to 25 lbs is required
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.