Website Nebraska Civic Engagement Table
Civic Engagement Strategist
$27.00/hr – $30.04/hr
Hybrid (Remote/In Person), must live in Nebraska
Connect resources, information, and Members with one another to expand civic participation in Nebraska
Support Membership in building long-term power and collaboration for organizing efforts locally and across the state through programs, training, and coalition work
Develop deeper and broader knowledge and skills within the Membership and communities served through training, programs, and collaborative opportunities
Member Training & Support in Civic Participation
● In collaboration with the Organizing Coalition Coordinator, identify capacity opportunities and connect Membership to relevant resources at the Nebraska Table, with other Members, and/or through regional/national partners
● Grow organizing skill sets with Members through regular and scaffolded training, programming, and collaborative opportunities, particularly regarding grassroots lobbying, Get Out the Vote, and community connections. Get Out the Vote Planning & Organizing
● Generate a statewide organizing plan to help the network coordinate efforts and maximize capacity.
● Collaborate with Member organizations to understand, track, and provide strategic guidance on the statewide organizing plan.
● Facilitate and/or participate in Member and stakeholder coalition work as requested, including GOTV Coalition meetings, including relevant training.
Programmatic Collaboration – Civic Engagement Fund
● Assist with execution of the Civic Engagement Fund grant processes, including communication, notifications, disbursements, and management of outcomes or other deliverables.
● Provide technical support, feedback, and coaching to Members in fulfilling CEF grant requirements and/or other grant opportunities to assist Members in building capacity and sustainability into their programs.
● Generate and present Civic Engagement Fund recommendations to the Program Committee of the Board in collaboration with the Executive Director.
● Decision Making
● Take initiative
● Creative problem solving
● Learning Agility
● Partnership and relationship building
● Flexibility and judgment to change course
● Experience utilizing Voter Activation Network (VAN), ThruText, Hustle, Reach and other voter contact platforms for organizing purposes preferred
● Knowledge of 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), 527, etc. advocacy rules and regulations preferred
● Strong familiarity with the Nebraska political process and voting rules
● Experience presenting to and training a diverse set of audiences
● Experience working with underrepresented and/or diverse communities
● Commitment to anti-racism, racial equity, and inclusion; commitment to building power to transform the lives of everyday people, especially those who experience oppression
● People management experience preferred but not required
● Office environment
● Remote work environment
● Some travel required
Some physical activity, including canvassing, may be required. Extended periods of sitting in front of a computer
November 28, 2022
Send your resume and optional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure your submission is properly routed, your subject line should be: “NCET Civic Engagement Strategist”. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to resumes received by October 27, 2022. No calls please.
COVID-19 Vaccination. Either proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination, as recommended by the CDC at time of employment, or completion and submission of a religious or medical exemption are required as part of the terms of employment.
The Nebraska Civic Engagement Table is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
Benefits: 99.9% premium-paid Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance. Health Savings Account with Employer contributions. Bring Your Own Device(s) (“BYOD”) and internet stipends. 403(b) Retirement plan with up to 5% Employer Match after one year of employment. Flexible work schedule based on a 32-hour minimum work week. Eight annual volunteer service hours to be served with Nebraska Table Member Orgs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com