Website National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Together We Are Stronger
The Senior Development Manager, Leadership Events is responsible for ensuring the assigned revenue portfolio reaches budgeted revenue. In this role, this position will drive the retention and acquisition of volunteer leaders like Chairs and Committees, donors and corporate supporters, and execute event logistics. In addition this role will supervise one staff member that has their own portfolio of events.
Generates Leadership Events revenue while providing leadership, accountability and direction in assigned market(s) with a development staff vacancy (50%)
- Develop campaign plans, fundraising goals and objectives that support Society strategies; manage the implementation of fundraising plans ensuring that adequate resources are provided to successfully accomplish goals and objectives.
- Lead the acquisition of new donors and corporate supporters, along with drive retention strategies to ensure campaign achievement.
- Provide guidance and leadership to a volunteer fundraising committee, partnering closely with Market Leader and Event Chair.
- Manage the budget for assigned Leadership Events ensuring that revenue and expenses are effectively managed and adjusted as indicated or needed; provide progress reports and revenue/expense projections to the Sr. Director, Leadership Events.
- Use market research, industry and competitive data to analyze and develop future direction to increase fundraising.
- Ensure high-end customer service for the Society’s contributors with timely acknowledgments
Support the generation of Leadership Events revenue while providing leadership, accountability and direction for a volunteer team throughout the assigned event revenue portfolio (50%)
- Assist in executing campaign plans, fundraising goals and objectives that support Society strategies.
- Assist in the implementation of fundraising plans ensuring that adequate resources are provided to successfully accomplish goals and objectives.
- Manage, in conjunction with Market Leaders, a defined budget for assigned Leadership Events ensuring that revenue and expenses are effectively tracked, managed, and adjusted throughout the fiscal year as indicated or needed; provide progress reports and revenue/expense projections to supervisor.
- Use market research, industry, and competitive data to analyze to contribute to future direction to increase fundraising.
- Assist in establishing, cultivating, and securing strong relationships with corporate partners and individual donors.
- Create and maintain Donor Drive and GiveSmart sites including auction, P2P Champion pages, email communication and text communication with attendees.
- Assist with collateral including scripts, night of PowerPoint presentations, email invitations and communications and mailed invitations and communications.
- Secure and manage logistical details for events including locating and securing venue, managing vendor contracts, and submitting contracts for review and payment.
- With input from the Market Leader lead seating and table mapping for events
- Assist and prepare for Volunteer Committee meetings and present as needed.
- Provide reports for donor and sponsor follow-up post-event, partner with Market Leader on reaching out to donors and express gratitude, ensure all outstanding sponsorship, donation and auction payments are received and work to create an auction item pick-up process.
- Lead the event reconciliation process but pulling reports and completing the 20-40-60 receipting process.
Ensure high-end customer service for the Society’s contributors.
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor of Arts or Science
5 or more years experience accepted in lieu of degree.
Minimum Experience/Skills/Competencies Required
Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive development and campaign/event experience
Experience building and leading executive level fundraising committees
Results driven style and proven track record of sales/fundraising success
Proven success building sustainable corporate relationships/sponsorships at $10,000+
Thorough understanding and experience with corporate and individual giving
Experience in preparing and managing significant operating budgets
Self-starter, motivated individual who can deliver on goals independently
Ability to quickly build credibility within and outside of the organization and make an immediate contribution to accomplishing key priorities
Demonstrated success in building a productive, cohesive team of staff and volunteer leaders
Creative and energetic individual who functions well within a fast-paced, team environment, which includes cross-department collaboration
Ability to work well with volunteers, staff and a variety of constituents is essential
Outstanding customer experience and services abilities
Superb verbal, written and communication skills, diplomacy, and discretion
Ability to manage and motivate groups, both internally and externally
Excellent negotiation skills
Advanced computer abilities (MS Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, on-line fundraising tools, databases);Must have access to personal transportation, and be able and willing to drive throughout the state approximately 15% of the time; Ability to work selected nights and weekends, especially the month leading up to the event.
Compensation and Benefits Information
Estimated compensation range for this role is $52,000- $70,000 annually. Final offers will be based on candidate geographic location, consider career experience and may vary from this range due to these factors.
You will have the opportunity for a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package that the Society provides to employees. Your benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings. We value continuous learning and support your professional development through a Professional Development Assistance plan. You will join an incredible mission focused team of people!
The National MS Society is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We strive to create a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We need you and your unique talents and perspectives to help us write the last chapter on MS.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.