Website National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Together We Are Stronger
The Manager, Leadership Events is responsible for ensuring the assigned revenue portfolio reaches budgeted revenue of $500K+. The Manager will work closely with volunteer leadership and support both the retention and acquisition of donors and corporate supporters. This position will support other leadership events in market as needed to drive forward strong revenue outcomes and event experiences.
The Manager, Leadership Events will have the optional ability to work from home, and must be based in Chicago, IL or surrounding area to lead events in assigned portfolio.
Generates $500k+ in Leadership Events revenue while providing leadership, accountability and direction for volunteer team throughout the assigned event revenue portfolio (80%)
- Develop campaign plans, fundraising goals and objectives that support Society strategies; manage the implementation of fundraising plans ensuring that adequate resources are provided to successfully accomplish goals and objectives.
- Lead the acquisition of new donors and corporate supporters, along with drive retention strategies to ensure campaign achievement.
- Procurement of auction items for dinner.
- Provide guidance and leadership to a volunteer fundraising committee, partnering closely with Event Chairs for each event.
- Manage the budget for assigned Leadership Events ensuring that revenue and expenses are effectively managed and adjusted throughout the fiscal year as indicated or needed; provide progress reports and revenue/expense projections to the Sr. Director, Leadership Events.
- Use market research, industry and competitive data to analyze and develop future direction to increase fundraising.
Ensure high-end customer service for the Society’s contributors with timely acknowledgments and year-round stewardship.
Collaborate effectively with all Society departments to achieve development goals as well as broader goals, e.g. Chapter, region, and national goals. (10%)
- Engage with staff and volunteers to keep local strategies and initiatives in line with organizational priorities and to develop personal and team strengths and leverage continuous learning opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Individual Giving and Major Gift Team to ensure a unified approach to major donors who are also event participants or corporate sponsors.
- In collaboration with the market leadership team, individual giving/major gift team, corporate team, assign and cultivate relationships with donors, sponsors and vendors.
- Work to ensure that proper mechanisms are in place to appropriately receive and account for donations and expenses.
- Work to ensure that all donor records are accurately recorded into the national database and to facilitate donor recognition.
Facilitates Volunteer Engagement for fundraising and event experience in the assigned event revenue portfolio (10%)
- Increase the number of Society volunteers focused on Leadership Events by recognizing and recruiting talent
- Engage volunteers through meaningful and impactful work that is well defined and structured by employing the strategies, tools and resources in their local market. Identify, develop and grow volunteer capacity (skills and talents) to achieve measurable and sustainable results while removing obstacles.
- Ensure volunteer behaviors are aligned with Society Operating Principles; provide timely feedback and coaching to improve performance and behaviors.
- Ensure that volunteers are fueling the success and expanding the capacity by coaching to and assisting staff with building action-oriented volunteer leadership committees for fundraising (acquisition of sponsors and individual donors) and event experience (the quality of the experience a company and/or individual has from the time they commit through completion of the event) that will be led by the market Leadership Events staff.
- Cultivate volunteers, seeks and provides feedback and shares opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning.
Bachelor of Arts or Science
5 or more years experience accepted in lieu of degree.
Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive development and campaign/event experience
- Experience building and leading executive level fundraising committees
- Results driven style and proven track record of sales/fundraising success
- Proven success building sustainable corporate relationships/sponsorships at $10,000+
- Understanding and experience with corporate and individual giving
- Experience in preparing and managing significant operating budgets
- Self-starter, motivated individual who can deliver on goals independently
- Ability to quickly build credibility within and outside of the organization and make an immediate contribution to accomplishing key priorities
- Demonstrated success in building a productive, cohesive team of staff and volunteer leaders
- Creative and energetic individual who functions well within a fast-paced, team environment, which includes cross-department collaboration
- Ability to work well with volunteers, staff and a variety of constituents is essential
- Outstanding customer experience and services abilities
Superb verbal, written and communication skills, diplomacy, and discretion
- Ability to manage and motivate groups, both internally and externally
- Excellent negotiation skills
Advanced computer abilities (MS Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, on-line fundraising tools, databases);
Must have access to personal transportation, and be able and willing to drive throughout the state approximately 15% of the time;
Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc
This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
Compensation & Benefits
Estimated compensation range for this role is $51,200 – $70,00 annually. Final offers will be based on candidate geographic location, consider career experience and may vary from this range due to these factors.
You will have the opportunity for a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package that the Society provides to employees. Your benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings. We value continuous learning and support your professional development through a Professional Development Assistance plan. You will join an incredible mission focused team of people!
The National MS Society is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We strive to create a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We need you and your unique talents and perspectives to help us write the last chapter on MS.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.