Website Monarch Housing Associates
Expand supply, accessibility & variety of affordable housing
Monarch Housing Associates, Inc. is a premier, state-wide non-profit housing consulting company based in Cranford, New Jersey. Monarch’s mission is to expand the supply, accessibility and variety of affordable and supportive housing through development, planning, advocacy and partnerships.
Monarch has 30 years of experience working with clients to develop affordable and mixed-income rental housing for seniors, families and persons with special needs. Our clients include private developers, housing authorities, senior housing associations, hospitals, social service agencies, non-profit organizations and municipalities. As a result of Monarch’s work, more than 3,500 units of affordable rental housing have been created and/or preserved in New Jersey.
As a member of Monarch’s Housing Development Team, the Housing Development Associate will assist in the day-to-day management of affordable housing development projects and will provide support in all phases of residential real estate development including acquisition, feasibility analysis, design, land use approvals, securing financing, construction and initial leasing/marketing.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate due diligence for development projects.
- Prepare project development and operating budgets.
- Compile and submit funding application packages (grants, loans, low income housing tax credits).
- Coordinate loan and equity closings.
- Prepare disbursement requests and monitor construction cash flow during construction.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree.
- Interest in and familiarity with the affordable housing development process and grant writing.
- Energetic, organized and highly motivated person with ability to work independently and collaboratively. Flexibility and willingness to do a variety of tasks.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties and responsibilities with consistent accuracy, attention to detail, and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines. Must be able to take initiative, analyze assignments, identify sub-tasks, prioritize, and keep various assignments moving simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- A strong work ethic, integrity, and the highest ethical standards.
- Sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic and social backgrounds, values and attitudes.
- Possess a reliable car and valid driver’s license; willingness to travel within New Jersey.
Compensation: $50,000 (based on level of experience). Full benefits package available, including Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401K, 401K match, generous time off, professional development opportunities.
Monarch is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org