Website Mental Health Association in Putnam County, NY
Peer support, advocacy, education
The Mental Health Association in Putnam County was founded and incorporated in 1993 by a group of concerned citizens including mental health service recipients, their family members and mental health service providers. They identified unmet service needs in the community and worked to develop peer run services and family support services for the Putnam Community, well ahead of the peer support movement. As it completes its 28th year of service, MHA Putnam continues to be responsive to the changing needs of our community through support groups for children, youth and adults and their families and caregivers in a variety of community-based settings. Each year, MHA programs have provided over 6,000 service visits, including outreach, support, and community education. It continues to be a leader in mental health advocacy in Putnam County, New York.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for MHA’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. The Executive Director will have overall management responsibility for a well established organization in Putnam County, New York with a $200,000 annual operating budget and 12 part time and full time employees and volunteers. The Executive Director will be based at our offices in Carmel, New York; the opportunity to work a hybrid schedule is open for discussion. This part time position is for immediate hire and reports to a supportive, professional, and energized Board of Directors. If you are a change maker, join MHA Putnam today.
Leadership and Management:
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors, develops strategies for MHA to achieve its mission and respond to the changing needs of the community and the field of mental health.
- Establishes annual goals, objectives, and operational plans with MHA’s Board of Directors, staff, and other leaders.
- Ensures ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommends timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals.
- Actively engages and energizes MHA’s volunteers, board members, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Develops, maintains and supports a strong Board of Directors. Facilitates effective board participation in business planning, financial oversight, community outreach, and fundraising.
- Leads, coaches, and develops MHA’s leadership team to ensure talent retention and succession planning.
- Develops systems to measure and evaluate program components to effectively communicate to the Board of Directors, funders, and other key constituents.
- Follows all requirements for compliance with non profit and financial regulations.
Identifies and collaborates with other mental health and human services providers locally and regionally.
Fundraising and Communications:
- Expands revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing and future program operations.
- Seeks out opportunities to secure grants and additional revenue streams.
- Deepens and refines all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Builds awareness of the work and role of MHA Putnam in the community.
- Sustains relations with key nonprofit, business and governmental partners to better serve the needs of MHA’s stakeholders.
- Uses the established reputation and relationships built by MHA to continually seek new opportunities for growth and expansion.
- Mission driven, self-directed nonprofit professional with experience managing strategy, finance, programs,human resources, and infrastructure.
- Strong fiscal management, oversight, and budgeting skills, particularly with small budgets.
- Experience working with boards of directors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work well with media, staff, and the community.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programming and data driven program evaluation.
- Action oriented entrepreneurial leader who will be excited to chart a new path for MHA Putnam now and into the future.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org