Website Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art
Reports to: President, Board of Directors
Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art
Oak Brook, Illinois, United States (On-Site)
The Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art is a not-for-profit museum located in the west suburbs of Chicago. Since 1962 the Museum has specialized in carved
hardstone art objects from around the world with a unique emphasis on Chinese jade from the Qing dynasty to the Republic period. The Museum also houses collections of minerals, gemstones, fossils and provides educational programming and special exhibits to the public. The Museum welcomes nearly 28,000 visitors annually and maintains community outreach programs and exhibits. Through the vision and efforts of several generations of the Lizzadro family, the Museum has grown over the last 60+ years and is ready to begin the next phase of stewardship. In 2019 the Museum relocated to a new 15,000 sq. ft. facility and is seeking a dynamic leader to contribute to our future.
The Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art is in search of an Executive Director seeking an exciting opportunity to work with our knowledgeable staff and be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Museum. The Executive Director will report to and work with the President and the Museum’s Board of Directors to develop program and exhibit priorities, financial sustainability, and continue museum standards and best practices. The inspired energetic candidate will bring creativity and leadership to our museum.
• Model a professional demeanor and work effectively with the Museum
staff, visitors, donors, government officials, grant authorities, scientists,
• Develop and implement the Museum’s annual operational goals.
• Lead the staff in their daily routine, successful programming, exhibits and
• Initiate and develop successful marketing strategies to promote the
• Create and manage the annual budget, work with accountants on annual
audit and periodic financial statements. Develop attendance analysis for
• Oversee and manage the Museum’s operating income and expenses.
• Coordinate and manage permanent and special exhibitions, collection
interpretation and presentation.
• Oversee and manage social media, website design and other
communication channels with the ability to supervise the staff in these
• Maintain partnerships with local, state, and national organizations;
museum professionals; academics; and artists.
• Oversee the Museum security, library, and archival organization.
• Lead on the development and execution of the Museum’s strategic plan.
• Serve as the Museum’s chief fund raiser. Engage the Board of Directors
to achieve the Museum’s fund-raising goals.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university is required.
Master’s degree in a related field such as Art History, Decorative Arts,
Geology, Museum Studies, Non-Profit Administration, or Arts
Administration is preferred.
• Accredited Gemology certification from GIA or FGA is preferred.
• Knowledge of lapidary art is preferred.
• Five years of managerial work experience at a nonprofit is required.
• Experience with engaging patrons, growing membership, and donor
development is preferred.
• Knowledge of marketing strategies is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to manage staff and budgets.
• Oversight and management of grant funding.
• Knowledge of accounting, budgeting, financial reporting and the
preparation of management reports for the Board of Directors.
• Proficient with digital media, Word, Excel, and Google Docs.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Willingness to work overtime including evenings and weekends.
• The Executive Director is the primary contact for public relations and
media and must be comfortable with public speaking.
Comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants please send cover letter, resume/CV, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Job ID: 7152023
• Workplace Type: On-Site
• Location: Oak Brook, Illinois, United States
• Company Name: Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art
• Position Title: Executive Director
• Job Function: Director/Administrator
• Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
• Job Duration: Ongoing
• Min Education: BA/BS
• Min Experience: 5 years
Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art considers applicants for all positions without regard to gender, race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com