Website Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands
The Director of Compliance and Legal Technology works closely with the Executive Director, Senior Deputy Director, and other administrative staff to ensure firmwide compliance with LSC regulations and LAS policies through auditing LAS’s case management system (CMS), maintaining funder corrective action plans, collecting required documentation, and managing all statistical reporting. This position will maintain and optimize the CMS, monitor the integrity of data, train CMS users, innovate new strategies for case handling & intake, and implement & lead firmwide legal technology needs and projects. This position is funded for the duration of the grant(s) and subsequent renewal may result in modification of job duties and responsibilities.
- Coordinate grant administration, contract compliance, and reporting for LSC and other assigned public and private grants and contracts, and serve as backup for all other grant administration, as needed.
- Lead and participate in the development of new legal technology software, programs, and concepts to build more efficient processes.
- Attend case acceptance meetings.
- Review files/cases in CMS for compliance.
- Manage and enforce an effective legal compliance program that is in line with both federal and state laws.
- Provide management of recurring reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing management information.
- Respond to requests from auditors, funders, and grant monitors, and draft responses to monitoring reports.Requirements:
- Juris Doctor (JD) Preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in regulatory audit and compliance, data analysis, in a legal setting, or related field.
- LegalServer experience a plus.
- Ability to create reports, conduct audits, and analyze data.
- Working knowledge of recent developments in statutory, regulatory, and state & federal case law in their area(s) of expertise a plus.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent research, writing, and advocacy skills including, the ability to advocate in a clear, effective, and logical manner both orally and in writing.
- Ability to show leadership and “own” projects start to finish.
- Demonstrated experience providing services to low-income or vulnerable individuals.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org