Website Khan Academy
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a nonprofit organization on a mission to provide a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly, and right now we’re hard at work helping learners address any unfinished learning that the COVID-19 pandemic may have caused. We also know that not all communities have been impacted equally by this pandemic, which makes our work focusing on providing equitable solutions to historically under-resourced communities even more important.
WE ARE DRIVEN BY OUR COMMUNITY
Our students, teachers, and parents come from all walks of life and so do we. We are fun, diverse, quirky people that come from a variety of backgrounds. Our team includes people from academia and from high tech companies and tiny startups. We hire great people from diverse backgrounds and experiences, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Valuing diversity, equity and inclusion is necessary for us to actualize our mission and truly impact the communities we serve. We believe that the best way to provide impactful education is to create a diverse team of people from different backgrounds, races, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and experiences. We’re a hardworking team that’s passionate about helping learners and teachers around the globe! We strive to be world class in investing in our people and commit to developing you as a professional.
The Philanthropy team is responsible for raising the funds that sustain and advance Khan Academy’s ambitious mission. Reporting to the Director of Community Giving and working closely with the Senior Manager for Community Giving, the Fundraising Campaign Manager is a critical part of our digital fundraising team responsible for engaging and converting Khan Academy users to donors. The Fundraising Campaign Manager owns the end-to-end delivery of more than 100 million emails a year in Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) and implements multi-channel fundraising campaigns. They are part of the team currently raising $7-8 million a year with ambitions to increase the fundraising goal.
This is an exciting time to join the team as Khan Academy has recently upgraded its digital fundraising systems to increase fundraising capabilities, improve donor experience and drive more revenue. The Fundraising campaign manager will help create new innovative fundraising strategies and tactics that increase awareness and deepen supporter relationships. The ideal candidate loves the magic of both written storytelling and a rigorous data-driven A/B testing plan. They will work closely with the Senior Manager of Community Giving to provide best-in-class donor cultivation and stewardship and ensure we are meeting our revenue goals. They will collaborate with Marketing to ensure we are delivering a holistic engaging learner and supporter experience.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the end-to-end delivery of more than 100 million emails a year in Salesforce Marketing Cloud to Khan Academy users and supporters ensuring high-quality, high-converting content; coordinate closely with Marketing colleagues to conduct critical EOY fundraising emails in another Email Service Provider
- Write compelling email copy and campaign messaging to drive Khan Academy user engagement and donations
- Build and maintain complex audience segments and lists
- Maintain a rigorous A/B testing strategy to produce tests and track results over time with the ultimate goal of increasing donation and conversion rates
- Drive email production and QA to ensure high-quality content is being produced across email campaigns, user journeys, and other donor communication
- Create and monitor user journeys to engage donors and increase their retention and giving
- Create fundraising content and campaign assets (campaign landing pages, donation forms) and community and print content across Khan Academy channels including websites, Peer-2-Peer fundraising campaigns, social media
- Support new potential channels like SMS or paid acquisition campaigns
- Collaborate closely with marketing colleagues to drive increased usage, engagement, and ultimately donations across all Khan Academy channels. This includes conducting pilots, coordinating timing, and messaging
- Continually find ways to evolve and improve and document team processes
- Be versed in the competitive landscape and fundraising trends, and make recommendations for improvements based on best practices
Analytics and Reporting
- Monitor campaign performance and identify changes in metrics that require immediate action
- Produce clear campaign and test recaps to the Senior Manager of Community Giving and other key stakeholders making it easy for other teams to visualize the workings of the Community Giving program
- Drive KPI reporting and collaborate with fundraising analyst and data analysts to ensure accurate reporting and timely insights
WHAT YOU BRING
- 3+ years of experience developing and executing successful multi-channel fundraising campaigns or similar marketing campaigns
- 1+ years experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud including building sophisticated users journeys, using behavior to drive conversion and retention
- Exceptional messaging, storytelling, and written communication
Project management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Competency in using data to inform decisions
- A collaborative, solution-oriented spirit who is excited to work with and across teams to get work done and succeed together. We care about each other and about hitting our ambitious goals
A passion for education and a desire to make a difference in the lives of learners everywhere
Nice to have:
- Proficient knowledge of HTML and CSS for email and web
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Experience working across a remote, distributed team and building relationships with colleagues virtually
- Ability to conduct research to uncover user insights and motivations to inform our strategy
PERKS AND BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team extremely well!
- Competitive salaries
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Generous parental leave
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- The ability to put your talents towards a deeply meaningful mission and the opportunity to work on high-impact products that are already defining the future of education
- Affinity groups where Parents, Black, Hispanic/Latino, Women and Gender Minorities, and LGBTQIA+ identified folks come together
- And we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
MORE ABOUT US
OUR COMPANY VALUES
Live & breathe learners
We deeply understand and empathize with our users. We leverage user insights, research, and experience to build content, products, services, and experiences that our users trust and love. Our success is defined by the success of our learners and educators.
Take a stand
As a company, we have conviction in our aspirational point of view of how education will evolve. The work we do is in service to moving towards that point of view. However, we also listen, learn and flex in the face of new data, and commit to evolving this point of view as the industry and our users evolve.
Embrace diverse perspectives
We are a diverse community. We seek out and embrace a diversity of voices, perspectives and life experiences leading to stronger, more inclusive teams and better outcomes. As individuals, we are committed to bringing up tough topics and leaning into different points of view with curiosity. We actively listen, learn and collaborate to gain a shared understanding. When a decision is made, we commit to moving forward as a united team.
Work responsibly and sustainably
We understand that achieving our audacious mission is a marathon, so we set realistic timelines and we focus on delivery that also links to the bigger picture. As a non-profit, we are supported by the generosity of donors as well as strategic partners, and understand our responsibility to our finite resources. We spend every dollar as though it were our own. We are responsible for the impact we have on the world and to each other. We ensure our team and company stay healthy and financially sustainable.
Bring out the joy
We are committed to making learning a joyful process. This informs what we build for our users and the culture we co-create with our teammates, partners and donors.
Cultivate learning mindset
We believe in the power of growth for learners and for ourselves. We constantly learn and teach to improve our offerings, ourselves, and our organization. We learn from our mistakes and aren’t afraid to fail. We don’t let past failures or successes stop us from taking future bold action and achieving our goals.
We insist on high standards and deliver delightful, effective end-to-end experiences that our users can rely on. We choose to focus on fewer things — each of which aligns to our ambitious vision — so we can deliver high-quality experiences that accelerate positive measurable learning with our strategic partners.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.