ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Senior Analyst – Strategic & Financial Planning plays a key role in the coordination, consolidation, and review of the annual budget exercise; supports the monthly/quarterly re-forecasting of regional and corporate projections; prepares different financial reports and statements at the project, regional, and corporate levels; and builds analytical tools and performs varied financial analysis to enhance the decision-making process.
Internews has US offices in Arcata, CA, and Washington, DC which support a hybrid workforce with staff working remotely, fully in-office, or partially remote. Ultimately, this position may work remotely from the US, partially remotely from our Washington, DC office, or fully in-office for candidates based in the DC area.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Coordinates the long-term and annual budgeting/forecasting exercises and supports consolidation of budget and forecast information from
- Program Management, Business Development, and Support Units.
- Serves as the main liaison for Program Management Units’ (PMUs) budget and forecast inquiries.
- Supports Program Management Units in using budget monitoring tools and financial management issues, including facilitating training sessions aimed at strengthening financial management capabilities; developing risk mitigation strategies; and issuing guidance on project financial controls and compliance.
- Contributes to developing analytical models and performs varied types of financial analyses to enhance the decision-making process.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement.
- Provides budget vs. actual reports to leadership for management decisions.
- Supports preparation of reports to the Board of Directors as requested by the Chief Operating Officer.
- Participates in financial software implementations.
- Manages certain types of private funding allocations.
- Maintains financial dashboards.
- Performs other management duties and/or special projects as required.
- In all duties, demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, or Business Administration or equivalent lived/professional experience.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience in financial analysis and budgeting.
- Experience with financial planning and analysis in a non-profit setting.
- Advanced experience with technology including MS Office applications, especially Excel. Experience with Power BI and SharePoint preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and operate new systems in a short period of time.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills and ability to manage large volumes of data.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills, including leading presentations and training courses.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task and work independently while being a team player.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but who are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Advanced degree in finance, economics, business administration, or a related field.
- Experience in software implementation and design.
- Experience with Workday Adaptive, Unit 4 Business World, Salesforce, and other resource management software.
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.