ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Talent Development Officer will support the implementation of programs and initiatives that support the growth and development of our employees, as well as the overall success of the organization. You will be responsible for the administration and program management of a leadership development program, creating people & culture and learning & development materials, creating and developing trainings and e-learnings, scheduling trainings, producing course evaluation reports and recommendations, writing internal communications, and managing parts of our learning management system.
Internews has US offices in Arcata, CA and Washington, DC which support a hybrid workforce with staff working remotely, fully in-office, or partially remote. Ultimately, this position may work remotely from the US, partially remote from our Washington, DC office, or fully in-office for candidates based in the DC area. We prefer candidates based in the Eastern Time zone so that they can collaborate with our global team members.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of nationalities, ages, sexual orientations, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Lead the administration and program management of a leadership development program, including scheduling trainings, coordinating logistics, and ensuring program quality.
- Design, develop, implement, and lead trainings and e-learnings that support the growth and development of our employees.
- Assist with creation of a global onboarding program for new employees that helps them understand our culture, values, and goals, and prepares them for success in their new roles.
- Create people & culture team and learning & development materials, such as job aids, tools, workbooks, and handouts, to support our training and development programs.
- Manage the overall intranet presence of the People & Culture team on our internal SharePoint site, coordinating with functional area leads within the team to present information in an organized and consistent way.
- Support the development, coordination, and roll out of programs and learnings related to our organizational Belonging, Dignity, and Justice/diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) work.
- Support change management initiatives related to people & culture, organizational development, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
- Coordinate upkeep, rollout, and tracking of compliance trainings.
- Produce reports and recommendations from course evaluation data to improve the effectiveness of our training and development programs.
- Manage the people & culture-led aspects of learning management system, including uploading and maintaining training materials, creating and tracking employee groups and their progress, and generating reports.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure the successful implementation of our talent development and DEI.
- Promote a culture of Belonging, Dignity and Justice as well as accountability, integrity, high performance, respectful collaboration, and continuous improvement that values learning, a commitment to quality, and a commitment to Internews’ mission.
- Build strong relationships across multiple departments to ensure the success of our organizational development and talent development initiatives.
- Support the measuring and monitoring of employee engagement and implement actions to improve engagement.
- Contribute to larger team/cross-cutting initiatives.
- Stay current on industry trends and best practices in talent development and organizational development to continuously improve our programs and initiatives.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Background in Human Resources, Learning & Development, Education, or a related field.
- 5 years of relevant prior experience.
- Track record of designing, developing, implementing, and analyzing trainings.
- Experience operating effectively in a multicultural and international organization.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Highly skilled at establishing rapport and cultivating relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Skilled at communicating with diplomacy, professionalism, and tact.
- Ability to manage confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Demonstrated openness to feedback.
- Experience in creating and delivering training and e-learnings.
- Experience with design, development, implementation, and evaluation of training and development programs.
- Strong knowledge of industry trends and best practices in talent development and organizational development.
- Ability to work remotely across different time zones and schedules as needed to support our global staff.
- Experience with LMS management.
- Experience with creating internal communications.
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Experience overseeing a learning management system.
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but who are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Advanced degree in industrial organizational psychology, organizational development, business administration, education, or related field.
- Relevant certification e.g. Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD), SHRM-CP, PHR, etc.
- Experience working in an international NGO or similar organization.
- Proficiency in languages other than English.
- Experience working outside of the US.
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.