Website International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee’s (IRC) External Relations (ER) department enables the IRC to respond to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Within ER, the USA Philanthropy team leads on the organization’s work with USA-based high-net-worth individuals. We’re seeking an Officer, Major Giving, Eastern Region to join our team.
Within USA Philanthropy, the Major Giving team has the goal of improving private individual support for the IRC. We engage, cultivate, solicit, and steward six- and seven-figure gifts and multi-year commitments from high-net-worth individual supporters of the IRC.
A dynamic front-line fundraiser, this person will help drive revenue growth through the strategic management of a portfolio of major giving donors and prospects with wealth capacity ratings between $100K and $4.9MM. The core portfolio is in the NYC metro area followed by a focus in the Washington DC metro area and in Florida. The Officer will serve as a relationship manager throughout the donor life cycle to qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward six and seven-figure gifts, using donor-centric fundraising practices and deploying program and IRC leaders. They will also build a strong pipeline of major gift donor prospects and increase revenue across the region.
The Officer will be an entrepreneurial professional who excels at front-line relationship building and devising prospecting strategies for portfolios. A collaborative and strategic thinker, the Officer will work closely with the Director, Major Giving Eastern Region to build results-oriented strategies in support of a portfolio of high-net-worth individuals. Working across fundraising teams, the Officer will collaborate closely with colleagues to develop creative and comprehensive cultivation strategies, execute on engagement plans, and manage solicitations of individuals with sensitivity to broader partnership discussions and status.
- Manage a portfolio of 70-100 high-net-worth individuals, designing creative tactics and long-term engagement strategies to deepen donor dedication and increased six- and seven-figure gifts.
- Create strategic correspondence, including solicitations, cultivation pieces, reports and other stewardship materials, to engage donors and prospects.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the IRC to align donor and organizational priorities to increase revenue and build multifaceted, deep engagement with the organization.
- Choreograph, prepare strategy, briefing, and debriefing materials for face-to-face meetings and solicitations with donors conducted personally and/or with program staff.
- Work collaboratively with a dedicated Account Manager to strategize and actively track and measure progress toward financial goals and movement of prospects and donors across the donor lifecycle.
- Undertake special projects as requested.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive frontline fundraising experience with proven expertise in private sector or major gifts fundraising, or sales, including direct solicitation of donors or clients.
- Proven track record of closing multiple 6-figure gifts or contracts from a dynamic portfolio, including qualifying prospects and upgrading donors.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications;
- Adaptable to change in a fast-paced work environment while keeping donor priorities at the center of strategy and relationship building;
- Ability to form creative and nuanced donor strategy often carried out in partnership with program staff or senior leadership;
- Ability to diplomatically collaborate with others and garner support for and complete initiatives effectively;
- Ability to identify, build, and implement processes vital to support effective donor relationships;
- Experience with CRM databases, like Salesforce.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Advanced degrees and/or related certifications a plus.
Working Environment: This role is a hybrid remote working model depending on the applicant’s location. Applicants must have a home or alternate workspace they can effectively complete their work from during regularly scheduled hours. Successful candidate must be available to travel domestically as required.
At the IRC, we seek to build a welcoming, inclusive environment not only for our refugee clients, but for all of our employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we value the strength found in the diversity of voices, experiences, and backgrounds who join us in our work. Fostering an inclusive culture with equitable practices is everyone’s responsibility, and we regularly offer trainings and opportunities to learn more and find ways to do better. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, socioeconomic status, or disability status. We are dedicated to ensuring that disabled individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. In your application, please feel free to indicate your preferred pronouns.
We recognize that few applicants may “check all the boxes,” but that each person has their own unique strengths that they would bring to the table. In our commitment to building a diverse and authentic work culture, we invite you to apply anyway. You belong here.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.