Role and Responsibilities
ideas42’s Accounting Manager will be on the Finance and Accounting (F&A) team. This candidate should be an experienced accountant who loves numbers, is organized, detail oriented, and a strong communicator who can help others in the organization adopt new ways of working. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Accounting, you will be responsible for taking a proactive approach to account reconciliations, identifying and implementing improvements to financial processes and procedures, and ensuring the organization is up-to-date and compliant with all registrations and insurance. This person will ensure efficiency, while mitigating risks, and protecting the organization’s financial assets in thoughtful yet innovative ways.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drive the closing calendar for the F&A department and the organization, ensuring accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end closings. This includes managing the daily banking requirements such as recording deposits and bank reconciliations.
- Direct the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution and operating expenses. Point person within the department for technical system issues.
- Manage fixed assets and depreciation.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of financial reporting and general ledger structure for the organization.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Work with the staff, auditors and all relevant stakeholders to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Provide training to new and existing staff on F&A policies and procedures, as needed.
- Under the direction of the Director, ensure business insurance and registrations are up to date.
- Support special projects, workflow process improvements, and ad hoc requests.
Much of our work hinges on our ability to ask the right questions and arrive at the right answers. As a result, we generally seek curious, creative, rigorous people with an entrepreneurial spirit. A passion for understanding human behavior, pursuing innovation, and promoting the social good is critical. We also have a strong ownership culture, ultimately caring that all of our work gets completed in a high quality way with everyone pitching in to get it done.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in nonprofit accounting, including financial reporting.
- Experience managing and delivering audits for a division or significant program area.
- Experience with month-end closing processes and procedures.
Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) as they relate to nonprofits.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- A highly organized and efficient multi-tasker with a successful track record in problem solving. Continuously looks to improve processes and enjoys working with a small team.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with the ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; Ability to communicate accounting and financial concepts to, and effectively collaborate with all team members.
- Self-starter able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to promoting social good and dedication to the organization’s mission.
- MBA or related degree.
- Experience with Sage Intacct and Salesforce systems.
We’re a non-profit looking for deep insights into human behavior—into why people do what they do—and using that knowledge in ways that help improve lives, build better systems, and drive social change. Working globally, we reinvent the practices of institutions, and create better products and policies that can be scaled for maximum impact.
We also teach others, ultimately striving to generate lasting social impact and create a future where the universal application of behavioral science powers a world with optimal health, equitable wealth, and environments and systems that are sustainable and just for all.
For more than a decade, we’ve been at the forefront of applying behavioral science in the real world. And as we’ve developed our expertise, we’ve helped to define an entire field. Our efforts have so far extended to 40 countries as we’ve partnered with governments, foundations, NGOs, private enterprises, and a wide array of public institutions.
We value diversity and inclusion and are dedicated to growing our teams with people who have diverse experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We are committed to fair and unbiased hiring practices that support equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, gender, national origin, age, abilities, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Working with Us
We are a culture-first organization where rules or processes do not take precedence – people and their ability to make well-reasoned decisions do. You’ll find that our team members are deeply caring, smart, and both tenacious and rigorous in their work. We are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences.
Our core values are at the heart of everything at ideas42:
We live and breathe what we do. We look at everything through a BEHAVIORAL LENS.
We take OWNERSHIP. We don’t just work at ideas42, we take shared responsibility for it.
We DO GOOD. We use our expertise to improve millions of lives and create a better world for all.
We have fun. We let PLAYFULNESS inform the way we work and our approach to the world, helping to drive our creativity and improve our solutions.
We live with a SPIRIT OF GENEROSITY. We approach our colleagues, partners and people whose lives we seek to improve with an attitude of selflessness and cooperation.
We are TENACIOUS. We never take the easy route, but push to stretch the limits of what’s possible.
We are RIGOROUS in how we think and how we tackle problems.
We hope that you are excited by the opportunity to work with us. We are proud to offer a comprehensive and behaviorally designed benefits package and other perks to support our team and allow us to focus on our work of solving tough social problems.
Insurance: We offer fully-covered medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage for you and your families.
401(k) Match: We contribute 3%, even if you don’t contribute at all.
Generous Vacation and Paid Time Off: We’ve built infrastructure to encourage our team to rest and recharge throughout the year.
Paid Parental Leave
Dependent Care Accounts
Phone benefits including reimbursement towards a new smart phone
Professional Development fund
Loan Forgiveness: Based on our 501(c)3 status, you are able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
Application Process Overview
The ideas42 application process has four stages:
- Application: Submit your application and resume
- First Round Interview: Selected candidates will be invited to interview with an ideas42 program team member
- Case Study: Selected candidates will receive a short assignment, to be completed over approx. 1 week
- Final Round Interview: Selected candidates will be invited to interview with an ideas42 senior team member. References will also be requested and contacted during this time.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.