Role and Responsibilities
ideas42 has a clear mission: to use behavioral science to change millions of lives. We create innovative solutions to tough problems in economic mobility, health, education, safety and justice, consumer finance, and international development. Our approach is based on a deep understanding of human behavior and why people make the decisions they do. Working closely with our partners from government, foundations, NGOs and companies, we have more than 80 active projects in the United States and around the world. You will work within our Global Health focus area to provide program support to grant-funded projects. You must be a clear communicator, have close attention to detail, and be proactive in continuously seeking ways to improve existing processes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Facilitate timely and accurate reporting of grants through close coordination with the Finance & Administration team
- Manage and track staffing allocation to ensure alignment with scopes of work and budgets
- Support project leads in ensuring accurate forecasting and reporting of project expenses and ensure budgets are appropriately managed and reported
- Support project leads in developing budgets on the basis of scopes of work
Ensure appropriate documentation and storage of grant-related files and materials
- Draft and edit project reports, documents, and materials as needed
Support on occasion with travel logistics, procurement of visas, and other contracting and expense arrangements
- Orient project teammates to ideas42 and donor rules, regulations, and policies and support the Finance & Administration team in ensuring adherence
- Perform other management duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4-5 years of full-time work experience
- Experience supporting or coordinating the management USAID-funded grants
- Experience coordinating projects with multiple work streams
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a commitment to high-quality output
- Experience managing budgets, resource allocation, or project management for projects of $250k+
- Strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suite applications
- Mission-aligned, self-starter, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Highly organized, with keen attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently and effectively
- People oriented, with the ability to collaborate and communicate well with a range of audiences
- Passion for understanding human behavior and pursuing innovation
We’re a non-profit looking for deep insights into human behavior—into why people do what they do—and using that knowledge in ways that help improve lives, build better systems, and drive social change. Working globally, we reinvent the practices of institutions, and create better products and policies that can be scaled for maximum impact.
We also teach others, ultimately striving to generate lasting social impact and create a future where the universal application of behavioral science powers a world with optimal health, equitable wealth, and environments and systems that are sustainable and just for all.
For more than a decade, we’ve been at the forefront of applying behavioral science in the real world. And as we’ve developed our expertise, we’ve helped to define an entire field. Our efforts have so far extended to 40 countries as we’ve partnered with governments, foundations, NGOs, private enterprises, and a wide array of public institutions.
We value diversity and inclusion and are dedicated to growing our teams with people who have diverse experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We are committed to fair and unbiased hiring practices that support equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, gender, national origin, age, abilities, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Working with Us
We are a culture-first organization where rules or processes do not take precedence – people and their ability to make well-reasoned decisions do. You’ll find that our team members are deeply caring, smart, and both tenacious and rigorous in their work. We are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences.
Our core values are at the heart of everything at ideas42:
We live and breathe what we do. We look at everything through a BEHAVIORAL LENS.
We take OWNERSHIP. We don’t just work at ideas42, we take shared responsibility for it.
We DO GOOD. We use our expertise to improve millions of lives and create a better world for all.
We have fun. We let PLAYFULNESS inform the way we work and our approach to the world, helping to drive our creativity and improve our solutions.
We live with a SPIRIT OF GENEROSITY. We approach our colleagues, partners and people whose lives we seek to improve with an attitude of selflessness and cooperation.
We are TENACIOUS. We never take the easy route, but push to stretch the limits of what’s possible.
We are RIGOROUS in how we think and how we tackle problems.
We hope that you are excited by the opportunity to work with us. We are proud to offer a comprehensive and behaviorally designed benefits package and other perks to support our team and allow us to focus on our work of solving tough social problems.
Insurance: We offer fully-covered medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage for you and your families.
401(k) Match: We contribute 3%, even if you don’t contribute at all.
Generous Vacation and Paid Time Off: We’ve built infrastructure to encourage our team to rest and recharge throughout the year.
Paid Parental Leave
Dependent Care Accounts
Phone benefits including reimbursement towards a new smart phone
Professional Development fund
Loan Forgiveness: Based on our 501(c)3 status, you are able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
Application Process Overview
The ideas42 application process has four stages:
- Application: Submit your application and resume
- Case Study: Selected candidates will receive a short assignment, to be completed over approx. 1 week
- First Round Interview: Selected candidates will be invited to interview with an ideas42 program team member
- Final Round Interview: Selected candidates will be invited to interview with an ideas42 senior team member. References will also be requested and contacted during this time.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.